Support

(I'm not really proud of this chapter- personally, I think it's pretty cringe-y sooo... Enjoy ?)

-Two Weeks Later
-Jake's P.O.V
I woke up to small sound. Small. It wasn't even loud. But I woke up anyways. I guess it's been like this since Aiden stopped talking to me.. I haven't really been able to sleep, and the littlest things wake me up.

Neither do I eat a lot. Well, apart from when my mom gave me "that" look and made me eat my food. I know this may be unhealthy but, I just keep thinking about Aiden. And well, I just feel really bad.

"Jake?" There was soft knocking at my door.

"Come in.." I sighed, rubbing my eyes.

My mom walked into my room. "Jake.. You alright? If you need anything, I'm here for you, okay?" She walked over to me and sat down on my bed.

"Yeah.." I smiled a bit.

"So.. Can you tell me what's happening to you?"

I bit my lip, "can I tell her?" I looked down.

"You don't have to-"

"Sure.." I looked up at her.

She smiled, "Go ahead."

I took a deep breath, "W-well.. I-it's just.. I've been having some.. Issues?"

"Love issues? Academic? Or?" She asked.

I looked away, "I.. I guess you can say love.."

Her eyes lit up, "Who is it?! Do we know them?!"

I turned to look at her, "w-well.."

"Name?"

"Mom.." I sighed, "I like.. I like a guy.."

.        .       .

"Really?"

"Y-yeah.. I'm.. I'm gay.."

"Jake!" She hugged me, "I don't care if you're gay! As long as you're happy!"

I smiled a bit, "Th-thanks.."

"Although you don't seem too happy right now.." She mumbled.

I squeezed my eyes shut feeling tears form in the corners of my eyes.

"What's his name?" She asked pulling away.

"U-uhm.. I-I.. W-well.." I looked down at my hands, "It's.."

"Hm?"

"Aiden.." I mumbled. Trying to be as quiet as possible. But I guess she still heard.

"Aiden?!" She covered her mouth.

"Y-yeah.." I sighed.

"What's the problem, though? I thought you two were.. 'Close' in that way?" She asked.

My eyes widened, "I-I..! W-well.." I blushed. "Something ha-"

"Meredith!!" A man's voice yelled from from downstairs, Dad.

"Ugh.." Mom rolled her eyes, "Coming Paul!" She yelled back, "I'm sorry, Jake"

"I-it's fine, Mom.." I said, sounding sadder than I anticipated.

Mom nodded and left the room. A couple of minutes later, there was some yelling. Fighting again..

"Dammit.. I didn't get to explain everything to her.." I lay back down on my bed, "Maybe she could've helped me.." I closed my eyes, "But even if I had.. Matthew and Aiden would still be in danger.." I sighed heavily.

"Why is this so confusing?!"