Eight

"Hey, hi, Ani!!" you heard someone say.  You and Anakin looked up from where you two were working at and saw a group of about five children run up to you both. Padmé walked over to you two as well, parts in her hands. Jar Jar, C-3PO and R2 were not too far from you guys as well. 

Anakin had brought you to an open area where he was working on the pod he had and show it to you. He still needed to tune it up and fix a few things. As he started working, you had ask him if you can help him. You didn't know anything really about pods, let alone how to fit them, but you wanted to spend time with Ani and find more out about the connection you both shared. Plus, you didn't mind spending so much time with him. His presence was comforting to you and you could tell that yours was equally as comforting to him. 

Whatever this connection was, you really hoped that you both could remain friends. It was nice to have someone your age and someone else to spend time with outside of your sister and your royal duties. 

"Wow, a real astro droid!!" one of the younger children pointed at R2-D2. "How did you get so lucky?"

"That isn't that half of it." Anakin said as he stepped towards the kid and leaned onto the pod. "I'm in the Boonta race tomorrow!"

"What??" all of the children gasped. 

"With this??" the same child that spoke before said. The nonhuman child spoke in an alien language that you were learning. He said something among the lines that Ani was a joker, obviously doubting Anakin. 

"You've been working on that thing for years." the older girl of the group added.

"It's never gonna run." the younger girl chimed in. 

 You frown at their doubt with Anakin as the group of kids decided to go play ball somewhere else. You felt sadness from Anakin at their words of doubt. Anakin looked down and fidget with the tool in his hand. You place a comforting hand on his shoulder as the other children started to run off to go play. You understood what it's like to not be able to go play with other children. What it was like to be different from the rest. Maybe that is why you and Anakin shared a special connection. 

"Keep racing, Ani. You're gonna be bug squash." one of the meaner boys teased before running off. You felt your blood boil at his meanness to Ani. You focused on the boy as he ran and caused him to fall flat on his face with your special abilities that only seemed to be getting stronger. You smiled as the boy got up confused on how he fell over nothing. Anakin must of felt your anger towards the boy and the use of your abilities, because he looked up at you in surprised. 

"Did you..?" he started to ask. 

"Shhh..." you smiled at Anakin. 

You and Anakin got back to work as you noticed the nicer boy had stayed. You smiled at him as you continued to tighten screws and attach various parts on your side of the pod. Anakin walked over to the other side of the pod and warned Jar Jar about the laser beam that will cause numbness if it touched you. Jar Jar was working on the other half of the pod that had the beam and was being very careless. You watched Jar Jar dropped a tool as Ani warned him and lifted his head up into the beam. You sighed and rolled your eyes as Jar Jar stated his tongue was numb. You finished up your work as you chose to ignore him. 

"Ow!" you hissed in pain as you quickly pulled away your left hand and cover it with your right. The part you were working with slipped and caused a good, deep cut into the palm of your hand. 

"___!" Anakin called out as he rushed to your side. You felt his worry and concern for you and you knew he felt your pain. "What happened?" 

"I'm okay, it's just a cut. The part slipped and cut me really good on my palm." you said as he took your hurt hand and looked at it.