Fifteen

"There is no civility, only politics." Palpatine said to you and Padmé. "The Republic is not what it once was. The senate is full of greedy squabbling delegates. There is no interest in the common good. I must be frank, Your Majesties, there is little chance the senate will act on the invasion." 

"Chancellor Valorum seems to think there is hope." Padmé replied. Her voice deeper than usual to hide her true voice. It was something you both were taught to do and practice. 

"If I may say so, Your Majesty, the chancellor has little real power. He is mired by baseless accusations of corruption. The bureaucrats are in charge now." Palpatine answered. 

"What options have we?" you asked this time. You weren't quite sure of your opinion on Palpatine. Something just seemed off. 

"Our best choice would be to push for the election of a stronger supreme chancellor, one who could control the bureaucrats and give us justice." he said as he paced about the room. You and Padmé never stopped watching him. "You could call for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum. 

"He has been our strongest supporter." Padmé interrupted. 

"Our only other choice would be to submit a plea to the courts." 

"But the courts take even longer to decide things than the senate." you argued. "Our people are dying, Senator."

"We must do something quickly to stop the Federation." Padmé added. Palpatine turned around and you glared holes into his back as he paced back and forth before speaking. 

"To be realistic, Your Majesties, I think we're going to have to accept Federation control for the time being." Palpatine bluntly said as he turned back around to face you and your sister. 

"That is something we cannot do." you and Padmé said at the same time. 

~

 "My only conclusion can be that it was a Sith Lord." Qui-Gon said to the Jedi Council. He and Obi-Wan stood in the center of the round room. The Jedi Council sat on the edges of the room, all eyes were on the two Jedi in the center. 

"Impossible. The Sith have been extinct for a millennium." one council member spoke. 

"I do not believe the Sith could have returned without us knowing." another member named Mace Windu added. 

"Ah, hard to see, the dark side is." Jedi Master Yoda spoke. 

"We will use all our resources to unravel this mystery." Windu concluded of the matter. "We will discover the identity of your attacker. May the Force be with you." 

Obi-Wan bowed while Qui-Gon only bowed his head, there was still more he wanted to talk about. Qui-Gon stood in the same place as Obi-Wan started to walk away. 

"Master Qui-Gon. More to say have you?" Yoda asked. 

"With your permission, my master, I have encountered a vergence in the Force." Qui-Gon began to explain. 

"A vergence, you say?" Yoda questioned. 

"Located around a person?" Windu added. 

"Persons." Qui-Gon corrected. "A boy and a girl. The boy's cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life-form. It is possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians. As for the girl's concentration of midi-chlorians is the second most highest I have ever seen. Just slightly less than the boy's. Little is known about her story, but I believe she was favored by the midi-chlorians. The two share a bond forged by the Force." 

"You refer to the prophecies of the one who will bring balance to the Force and the one chosen by the Force to help the Chosen One." Windu asked. "You believe it's this boy and girl?"

"I don't presume to-" Qui-Gon began to argue. 

"But you do." Yoda reasoned. "Revealed your opinion is." 

"I request the boy be tested, Master. The girl be tested as well, if she chooses to do so. She is at a crossroads and has not chosen her path yet." Qui-Gon said. 

"Oh? Trained as a Jedi you request for them, hmm?" 

"Finding them was the will of the Force. I have no doubt of that." Qui-Gon answered truthfully. 

The Jedi Council looked around at each other as Windu sighed. "Bring the boy before us, then. The girl if she chooses this path." 

Satisfied, Qui-Gon bowed before leaving the meeting. Obi-Wan followed behind him as Windu and Yoda shared a look. 

~

"There's a boy here to see ____." a guard outside of the Queen's and Princess's room said into his communicator. Anakin patiently stood by the guard waiting. He was eager to see you since he hasn't been able to feel you through the Force. 

"Let him in." a woman answered as the guard opened the door for Anakin to enter. 

"I'm sorry, Ani, but Padmé's not here right now." a maid apologized to him. You heard this and you felt yourself get a little nervous and sad. You hated hiding like this from your friend. You and Padmé had changed into similar red and gold outfits. Padmé wore a red robe that was outlined in gold. Her hair was done into two high parts on the sides of her head. Gold decorations where placed throughout her hair and a gold headband was placed on her forehead. She wore the usual white and red makeup. 

You were dressed in a similar robe and your hair was done in a high ponytail that was braid. Smaller gold decorations were placed throughout your hair and your makeup done like Padmé's. 

But you continued to wear the necklace Anakin gave you underneath your clothing. 

You and Padmé looked at each other as she squeezed your hand in comfort. You both walked out to the front of the room where Anakin and the maid was. 

"Who is it?" Padmé asked. 

"Anakin Skywalker to see ___, Your Highness." the maid answered. Anakin immediately bowed to you and Padmé as soon as he saw you both. 

"I've sent ____ and Padmé on an errand." Padmé answered for you. You stayed silent as you concentrated on Anakin not feeling you through the Force. You knew he was looking for you through it. 

"I'm on my way to the Jedi temple to start my training, I hope." Anakin explained. "I may never see her again, especially if she chooses to not go. So I came to say good-bye." 

"We will be sure to tell her for you." you answered before Padmé. "We are sure her heart goes with you." 

"Thank you, Your Highness." Anakin smiled. You gave him a small smile before you and Padmé walked away for your next meeting.