A Long Break

As Ke$ha closed out the Get Sleazy era we knew she had something else up her sleeves for us. We didn't know if she would continue with the pop music or possible some rock like she did for Alice Copper. Little did we know it would be a long long time until we would get new music. It would be over a year until we would finally get a new single.

Over this long break from music that Ke$ha took, most of us had no clue what she was up to. Ke$ha decided to take a trip into the wild to refresh her spirit. She decided to go to the Galápagos Islands. While she was there she went scuba diving, hiking, seeing wild animals, and even getting to have a humpback whale sing to her. One of the sole purpose of this trip was to start working on her next album. She decided to call the next album Warrior. But it wasn't time to head back to the U.S. yet, she traveled to South Africa first. She got to go on safaris and see wild animals. The people in Africa even names a baby lion after her.
It was time to get to work now and Ke$ha had to create her 3rd studio album. She wanted to keep this a real tight secret though. She wanted there to be some rock involved in the album along with positive vibes. When she was writing Warrior, she had so many ideas for songs but just couldn't decide which one to put on or just not even record. Love Into The Light was one song Ke$ha wrote that she was so proud of. The song talks about how we should let go of the hate and love people. It also says how we're not perfect and need to get over ourselves and just stop talkin shit.

Over the this time Ke$ha had also gotten heavily involved with animal rights. She became a global ambassador for the Humane Society. She helped bring attention. To cosmetic testing on animals and shark finning. Ke$ha also joined up with Iggy Pop in a campaign for PETA protesting clubbing of baby seals. She also wrote a letter to McDonalds about stopping their slaughterhouses. Around this time too Mr Peep$ came into the picture. Mr Pee$ is an adorable cat that a random fan handed to Ke$ha through her SUV window. Mr Peep$ has become an icon in this fan base and is probably the most adored animal online.

As Ke$ha continued to work on warrior she needed more idea, and still more songs. She decided to write a song with one of her idols in life, Iggy Pop. Together Ke$ha and Iggy produced Dirty Love, which is a song about crazy filthy love. Dr Luke reminded her that this album needs to stand out and she needs to be able to perform these songs on stage as well. As they were back working in the studio Crazy Kids was starting to come into the picture. Luke has an idea for Ke$ha to whisper "we are the crazy people" at the end of the chorus. They all liked how it sounded, so they had almost had one more song finalized for the album. Ke$ha's biggest helper for writing warrior was not Dr Luke thought, it was her mother Pebe. Together Pebe and Ke$ha make an amazing duo and wrote most of the songs on Warrior together. As they kept working the stress grew to out this album. Her fans were getting very eager and not knowing what she was up to. They continued to work very hard on this album, even getting over Ke$ha's car and writing a song about it. The album was pretty much set in stone and recorded. But the build up to the release was going to be quite a show.