The Beginning

Once in the the town north of Van Nuys, the Keshiah was born to us, she was our savior. Her name was Kesha Rose Sebert. It all started out at party one night in California, her mother Pebe had attended a party that night. Pebe had decided late that night that she was not going to go to a hospital to give birth to her daughter on the way, instead she gave birth to Kesha at a party. Pebe said how she had all her friends gather around her to comfort her while she was giving birth to Kesha.

It is unknown who the father is to Kesha, and she wishes it to remain a mystery. Growing up Pebe raised Kesha, but she was not alone. Kesha also had a brother a few years older than her, his name was Lagan. Legend has it that the Sebert family was very poor growing up and they had to survive off of what they had, since money was very limited. We have heard stories of them stealing money out of public fountains at Disney parks, looking for leftover treasures thrown on the roads in Beverly Hills, and even making their own clothing.

As Kesha continued to grow up with her brother Lagan, they began to grow very close together. It is said that they would move every few years and would have to change schools. Since they had to change schools so many times, and try to make new friends, they just made Kesha and Lagan even tighter. Growing up Kesha and Lagan took after their mother and got heavily into music at a young age. Kesha said how Lagan would introduce her to new music and she followed after him. When they grew a little
older Kesha and Lagan moved out to California and shared an apartment together. They worked on making music and just experimenting while they were there.

When Kesha was in middle school, another member was born into the family. Kesha now has a baby brother names Louie. Stories say how Louie would go around the house and throw glitter all over Kesha's stuff. Perhaps that is when she became so fascinated by glitter. Another very important person in Kesha's life was her cousin Kalan. They are a year apart in age and very similar. They were know for getting into some trouble growing up, they were partners in crime. Growing up Kesha had a very interesting childhood with anything from surviving, gettin into trouble, and just experiencing music. Little did she know how her life would change dramatically in just a few years.