Chapter Four

(A/N) it gets kinda graphic at the end...but not that much so you all should be fine :)

I couldn't think of anything but those text messages. They surpassed creepy by a mile. I couldn't even begin to think of who sent them. I thought of all the guys at my school. Some of them definitely had stalker-like qualities but none of them seemed like the type who could-even if he did by chance care enough-make it to my bedroom window. My bedroom was on the second story of the house and last I checked, there were no trees and it was obvious that none of the aforementioned boys were superheroes. Unless they were something else. Something I had only heard of in books and TV shows. I shook my head, mentally shaking out those ludicrous ideas. It was impossible that my stalker was supernatural.

Who could it be then?

I heard a blaring noise behind me. I jumped practically out of my skin. I turned around, and noticed that a car was behind me honking its horn at me, ready to take my parking spot. I was so lost in my thoughts that I had sat there in the parking lot with my seat belt on and my car running. I quickly pulled out and exited the parking lot, throwing a glare over my shoulder at the impatient driver.

I took my time driving home; taking the scenic route that went by the forests. It was slightly foggy and very cloudy. The roads were deserted which only added to the desolate feeling. It took me an hour to get home. I pulled in, and an unfamiliar car was in my usual spot in the driveway. Silver and sleek, looking like it had just pulled out of the car wash. I had to shield my eyes to keep from going blind.

I stepped out of my own car and walked to the front door. My hand was on the knob when the door opened itself. Someone ran into me and knocked me flat on my butt. I put a hand to my throbbing nose and looked up. A sandy haired, blue eyed teenager was looking down at me. It took me a minute, but I realized it was Ethan, Jack's only child. He gave me a charming smile and offered his hand to me. I took it gratefully and stood up. "I'm so sorry Kelsey," he said with worry on his face.

"It's ok Ethan. I should've recognized your car in the driveway," I said motioning to his sports car. I walked inside my house. I heard a booming laugh from the kitchen. I froze instantly. I would recognize that laugh anywhere! I sprinted into the kitchen and launched myself onto the musculed back of my brother Josh.

"JOSHY!" I screamed in excitement. He stumbled backwards with me still on him. I laughed hysterically at him. Due to his athletic structure, he regained his balance quickly. I jumped off of him and he turned to face me. He wrapped me up in a big bear hug and I squeezed him tightly, grinning like a maniac the whole time.

"I've missed you so much lil sis," he said.

"I've missed you too," I said into his chest.

Two hours, a gallon of milk, and a package of Oreos later, Josh and I were almost caught up with everything that had happened since he had been home last. Almost everything. I still hadn't told him about the hand print on my window, the figure in front of my car, or the mysterious texts from an unknown number. And quite frankly, I didn't think I would. I knew he'd go into super-over-protective-touch-my-sister-and-I'll-kill-you mode.

I also felt this strange need to keep the stranger to myself. Almost like I wanted him all to myself and didn't want anyone else having him.

You don't even know if this person's a guy or a girl, the annoying voice inside my head reminded me.

It doesn't matter.

Later into the evening, after Ethan, Josh and I cooked dinner for ourselves, Jack and my mom, Josh and I were on the couch watching our favorite movie. I had missed my brother so much. I was really lucky to have him, since not a lot of people possessed this special connection with their sibling. Josh had always been there, during my father's alcoholic and abusive years. When my parents got into a fight because my father had come home drunk, Josh would take me upstairs to the attic of our house and he'd tell me stories to make me forget about our parents. He always told the best stories.

The whole weekend was Josh-filled. We did everything together and I never left his side. We slept on sleeping bags in the living room that night, and Sunday night. I had Monday off from school because the teachers had a professional day. Josh didn't have classes on Mondays, so he packed up and left Monday night. I cried a little when he left but he promised he'd be back next weekend. After he drove away, I turned the radio in the kitchen on, and started to prepare myself a snack. The radio announcer said there was a snowstorm headed our way, but I doubted it was going to be as bad as they were making it out to be.

Thanks to Josh, we had no food in the fridge. I got in my car and headed out to the grocery store to stock up. An hour later, I was in line for checkout. I looked out the window, and it was snowing. Nothing too bad, there was only about an inch on the ground so far. I took my groceries and thanked the young cashier. I shoved the food into my trunk and got into the driver's side. I backed out of the parking lot and made my way home. There weren't a lot of people out driving; the roads were practically empty. I heard a crash from the back of my car. Hoping it wasn't the eggs or milk, I turned my head quickly.

My body was thrown forward as the seat belt strained against my chest. My head managed to crack against the windshield as my hands lost control of the steering wheel. I couldn't breathe and my heart was beating out of my chest. I flinched blindly as I heard a shattering sound. I felt sharp fragments of glass pierce my skin, and the warm blood ooze down my face from my forehead, obscuring my vision. I saw a blur of color out of the corner of my eye, but I'm not sure if that was me hallucinating from the pain. I stayed conscious only for a moment later, until I blacked out.

(A/N what did you guys think? I thought I did pretty good lol! I probably wont upload until I get more reads/comments..or until next weekend. I'll be working on this throughout the week :) bye everyone )