Part 23

They arrived at the Moon Shine Pack before sunset. They had to make a few stop to rest. Travelling light in not on Martha's vocabulary and she insisted that they bring all her stuff instead of just leaving them on their broken vehicle. Sam carry one of her bags and it was really quite  heavy. She wonder what's inside. Her own bag consist of some few dress and undergarments, she only brought what she thought was necessary. 

"Here we are!" Martha happily announce.

They walk up the mountain to get to the Moon Shine Pack. On their position they can see the sun setting from afar. Down is the view of the whole pack. From a distance is the regal pack house. The plaza is located in the center where people gather to eat, relax, shop and anything they find worthy of their time. It looks a peaceful and progressing pack. 

"It's beautiful."  Sam said. Conan smile with what she said and Martha nodded in agreement. 

They headed to a two storey  modern house. Inside there were four bedrooms with bathrooms each. A spacious living room connecting to the dining area. There's a terrace if someone decides to get a fresh air. 

Sam occupy a room down stair. It was big enough for her to move comfortably. She place her bag inside the closet not even bother to open it and put her things on it neatly. She sample her bed and bounce in it. She lie down both hands on her side. Looking at the white ceiling above her she can't believe her luck. She's free and far from the Crescent Wolf Pack, far from him. Deep inside it's bothering her that she's away from her mate. She absently touch the necklace she was wearing.

Sam went out and help Martha in the kitchen. She looks good despite her messy hair tied on a bun and an apron while cooking. From the smell of it she can say she's a good cook. She notice there were four plates in the table but kept her mouth shut. Whoever it is, she will soon find out. They were almost done when two person arrived. One is Conan and the other one is a younger version of him.

"Hi mom! It's nice to have you back. I Missed you."

"Me too honey." Martha replied and kiss him back on the cheek.

"Sam this is our son Robin. He is about your age I guess. How old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"He's three months younger than you."

They had a simple dinner but Sam thought it was amazing because she had spent it with these beautiful people. She learned that Robin is their only child. He didn't go to Moon Valley Pack with them. He was occupied with a lot of boy things that keeps him entertain like the training and girls. She doesn't have any doubt about that. Robin is a good looking young lad. Tall at his age, must be 6 feet tall, a little smaller than his dad's 6'3" height. His naturally tousled brown hair that hung close to his beautiful emerald eyes gives him a look that he is someone exciting to be with. And girls love that. Conan clear his throat when he cast several glances at Sam's direction. Warning his son that she's not a part of his game. He simply grin and put the tasty meat on his mouth.

"Tomorrow join me, we're going to the plaza. I'll show you around and we'll do some shopping. It's nice to have someone with the same hormone to hang out sometimes." Martha giggles.

"I'll drive you then." Conan suggested.

"No! This is for us women. It will be good so Sam can check the place."

They had tea after dinner on the terrace while the boys watched television on the living room.

The stars are shining brightly up in the sky. The weather is good and it brought peace in her. She look at Martha sipping her tea. She saw her raised her brow satisfied with her drinks.

"Thank you." Sam broke the silence.

"You are welcome honey."

"I'm not staying long."

"Why? You can settle here if you want. Find yourself a nice job maybe."

"I don't know." Sam said looking at her tea. Martha sigh and put her cup on the center table between them.

"You can stay here as long as you want. I've always wanted to have a daughter, but the goddess blessed me with a son. I love my son, he's my life but to have a daughter...you know." Martha said smiling at her.

Sam was grateful ofher kindness. She wish she can at least do something in return. After the tea Martha took her to her roomand dig on her closet full of clothes. Mostly new and unused. She grab somedress checking if they will fit to Sam. When they were done Sam went back toher room with pile of clothes on her arms. She just put it on the closet with her bag. She'll pile them neat andnice tomorrow. She yawn and get on the bed.