[ sis ]

[ sis ] in which he takes the 'love test' 

Taking out his cellphone from the pocket of his training pants, Gerard informed the younger footballer, "Before we can begin, we need to do something crucial." He said in a serious tone. "Something that will let us know whether this will work out in the end so we don't end up wasting our time." As he spoke, his thumb swiped over the screen of his phone to unlock it.

Marc watched his friend scroll through his phone with a curious look about him. "And what is this crucial thing?" He wondered. 

He expected it to be something very important, a life or death matter. But when Gerard openned his mouth to speak, Marc almost errupted into a fit of laughter for the crucial detail Gerard was talking about was...a love test.

The twenty-seven year old footballer began to explain to his younger team mate. "Its called a love test." He said, to which Marc responded by snickering. Neymar did the same, as he found Gerard to be completely ridiculous. But both Lionel and Gerard were serious. "What you do is simple. You take the names of the two love birds, add the letters t, r, u, and e that appear in each name. Then add them up. Do the same for the letters l, o, v, e, then add them up. And boom! You have your love percentage."

"Oh please!" Neymar burst out laughing. "Where'd you get that bullshit from?"

"Laugh now, Ney." Gerard told him, "But when the method proves to be effective, you'll be begging for me to calculate your love percentage with Abril."

Raising an eyebrow at his team mate, who was completely convinced that the love test worked, Marc asked him, "And...where did you even get this test from? How do you know if it works or not? It all sounds ridiculous to me."

"I got it from a magazine called Chica Moderna." Gerard replied. "Its this magazine Shak reads."

"Right." Neymar laughed, rolling his eyes playfully.

"I swear." Gerard insisted.

Even Lionel laughed at that. "Mhm."

"Don't believe me then." said Gerard, annoyed.

"I don't." Lionel grinned.

"Okay!" Admitted the tall footballer. "I might have read it once, or twice. Those magazines are actually interesting. Last week we came across an article called 'how to know if that special man is right for you!' and it included this test at the bottom. I know it works because Shak and I took the test together. We got an eighty percent, we were destined to be together." He grinned, more to himself than to anyone.

"Shakira's WAG is in love." Neymar teased.

"I get it." Concluded Marc. "You think its legit just because you got a good score."

"Its legit because it just is." Gerard stated. His thumbs clicked away at his phone, typing something into his cellphone's notepad. He looked up for a moment, asking Marc a question. "What's the girl's name?"

Marc bit his lip nervously. He couldn't believe he was actually going to participate in something as stupid as a love test. Still, he replied, "Ashley Flores."

"Ashley Flores." Gerard repeated as he input her name into the phone.

"Flores." Messi wondered, "Does she have flowers in her house?"

Shaking his head, Marc replied, "Ironically, no. She said she and her friend Valerie Greene have not been able to grow a single plant." On his face played the hint of a smile as he replayed the scene in his head from the day they met. She had told him that she and Valerie had been trying to grow roses for a long time and he had killed the only one that had actually managed to grow.

"That's hysterical." Neymar laughed.

Gerard took a minute to calculate everything. Marc searched his friend's face for an answer, but he found none. Gerard was trying to drag out the suspense when he said, "Marc..." In the most emotionless voice.

"What?" He asked, and he feared the love test had poor results for him and Ashley, not that it really mattered. Was he really going to listen to a magazine if it told him not to date someone?

Relief flooded the Catalan footballer when a wide smile broke out onto Gerard's face. "Congratulations, amigo. The test says seventy-five percent chance of true love! Anything beyond fifty percent passes. But anything beyond seventy-five percent is what you want to hope for." He informed Marc. "Now we can proceed with our plans."

"No way!" Neymar's jaw dropped.

"Now test Antonella and I." Lionel said, excitement shone bright in his eyes.

Gerard was more than happy to put Lionel and Antonella's relationship through the love test. And when the results came out with a seventy-percent, the Argentine footballer was delighted. It wasn't too much of a great score, but at least it had passed the test. Turning to Neymar, who was still stunned that his friends were listening to a stupid test in a magazine, but even more stunned they were actually passing, Gerard offered, wiggling his eyebrows at the Brazilian, "I can test you and April next."

"Fine," Neymar said, not sounding too interested. "But only to prove this test is a sham. Everyone is passing."

Marc shrugged, "Sham or not, it was kind of fun."

And Gerard got to work on Neymar and April's test. His smile seemed to drop when he saw the results, "Fifty-six percent." He told Neymar. "Its passing, but it isn't exactly the best score."

"Poor Ney." Lionel patted his team mate on the shoulder, a look of pity on his face.

"That test is stupid." Neymar argued. "April and I are in love."

"Don't listen to them, Neymar." Marc smiled at him. "We know its just a silly game. Its obvious you and April adore each other. Besides, even if the test had turned out negative for Ashley and I, there was no way I would give up on my Madrid girl."

But now that he had gotten the love test over with, he was sure he had the help of his friends. He only hoped they wouldn't somehow make things worse.

-

omg updattteeee.

in the side bar i included a picture of the love test so you can all see how it works. a visual might help you understand better. i got this idea from my cousin. when we were little and we had crushes on boys in our class, we would do this love test and gave ourselves false hope sometimes that they might like us. lol.

anyway, i know the update is pretty short. but i tried to make it a bit more on the amusing side, just for laughs. i hope you all like it. thank you so much for reading and supporting!

i love you.

-clary xx