[ deu ]

[ deu ] 

Marc and Ashley had shoved their two friends into the back seat of Marc's cherry red Camaro. The two blondes ignored each other through most of the entire ride to their destination, which Marc was forced to change last minute. He wanted to take Ashley to a nice restaurant where they could talk, but in the end he decided Rey Buffalo's was a better option. It was a hot wings restaurant that was also a sports bar. Its walls were plastered from top to bottom in televisions broadcasting fútbol games, posters of the local sports teams, and framed autographed jerseys of players who had eaten there.

Since Ashley was a sports fan and his reservation at the nice restaurant had been for two people, he hoped his last minute change of plans would be to her liking.

From the back seat, Valerie groaned. She had quickly become the difficult one in the group. "Remind me why I agreed to come along." She said to Ashley who sat in the front seat. Beside her was the German footballer, clicking away paragraphs on his phone as though his life depended on it. He hadn't even acknowledged Valerie yet and that had made the young woman more hostile.

"Because Marc promised you a date with Sergi Roberto." Ashley reminded, amusingly adding, "But honestly, I wouldn't trust this guy if I were you. Barça boys never keep their promises. He promised me Sergio Ramos and instead he got me Toni Kroos."

Toni looked up from his phone screen upon hearing his name. "¿Qué?" He said in Spanish. And if Sergio wasn't lying to Marc, it was one of the few words the blonde footballer knew how to say. Otherwise he was lost in a sea of confusion.

"Nothing." Valerie said to him. "We were not talking to you."

"But you said my name." He pointed at himself, this time speaking to them in english. Valerie, and to a lesser extent Marc, were the only ones able to understand him then.

They arrived at the sports restaurant and as Marc pulled up into a parking space, he snuck a glance at Ashley. She eyed the place up and down, no expression making way onto her face. "You want our first date to be at a sports bar?" She asked him.

Marc was still waiting for a facial expression that could tell him if she was pleased with their destination. When she showed nothing, he began awkwardly, "I wanted to go somewhere more special. But-"

She cut him off with a smile. "I love sports and chicken wings. Good choice Bartra, for once."

Marc sighed in relief.

"Yeah," He pretended he had been intending to take her there all along. "I knew you would like this place."

He quickly found a parking space and shut the car engine off. Ashley was the first to get out of the car, her eyes shining with an excitement she was trying to hide from Marc. Valerie and Toni stood by each other, he had gone back to texting and she was just waiting for the date to be over. The four walked towards the entrance and went inside.

.

.

.

.

The moment they sat at a booth, Toni slipped his cellphone into his pocket. He had been texting someone important, but knew it was bad manners to text while one was eating with friends. Looking down at the menu in front of him and finding it was in Spanish, he panicked. The only way he knew how to identify each meal was by the picture next to the name. He glanced to his side to see his date looking down at her menu. "Eh..." He began nervously, tapping on her menu to get her attention. "I don't speak spanish. Will you help me order my food?"

"No." Valerie quickly replied.

"I help you." Marc offered with a polite smile.

But Toni remained quiet, his face serious. It was difficult to be in a new country, let alone a new town, and she didn't want to help him. Toni decided he would just wait to have some food until he returned to Marc's house. At least he wouldn't have to speak then.

Valerie snuck a glance at him from the corner of her eye. The footballer continued to look down at his menu, but his expression was blank. "See?" She told her friend across the table from her. "He's a stone."

"Maybe because you're being mean to him." Ashley pointed out.

"Okay, I'll be nice." Valerie sighed in defeat. It didn't hurt to be nice, even if he was a Real Madrid boy. Besides, after helping him order she wouldn't have to speak to him again. Now she was the one trying to get his attention. Tapping him on the arm, she said in english, "I'll help you, but for the love of God show some human emotion."

"You must be an FC Barcelona fan." He concluded from her behavior. "Either that, or a Borussia Dortmund fan. I'd believe either."

"Both." She corrected.

The waitress soon arrived at their table and Valerie helped Toni choose something off the menu. Valerie had chosen a chicken sandwich, Toni a cheeseburger, while Marc and Ashley got a basket of hot wings to share. "Are you sure you don't want a basket for yourself?" Ashley asked him. When he shook his head, she warned him, "Wings are my favorite. I always get a basket just for me, but since you're paying I suppose we can share."

The young woman in a uniform jersey with the restaurant name on it smiled politely, taking down their order. Before she left, she asked them, "What kind of drinks can I get for you?"

"Bier."  Toni said.

"He means cerveza." Valerie translated into spanish.

The waitress jotted it down and moved onto Marc, who replied, "Beer."

"You are the designated driver." Ashley began, "Do you want to kill us?"

Marc scoffed. "One drink isn't going to kill us.

But she ignored his arguments. "He'll have some iced tea. I'll have that beer." She told the waitress.

"And I'll have some lemonade please. I don't drink." Valerie stated. Toni was surprised the girl sitting next to him even had the ability to be polite.

"There's our new designated driver for the rest of today." Marc gestured to the blonde sitting across from them with a smile. Sticking a hand into his pocket, he got out his keys and tossed them at her. "You'll drive, won't you, Valeria?"

"Its Valerie." She corrected him.

"En castellano es Valeria." He defended. In castilian its Valeria.

"Okay, Marco." She said back.

The young woman who took their order left the table to get their drinks. When she brought two mugs of beer out, a glass of iced tea and one of lemonade, he convinced Ashley to trade drinks with him. 

While they waited for their food to arrive, Ashley attempted to start a conversation with the German footballer. He played for her favorite team after all and she had many questions for him. Her only problem was that she spoke no english and his spanish was terrible. Valerie was no help since she refused to translate, and all Toni seemed interested in was talking to Valerie who in turn didn't want to talk to him. The young woman with golden blonde hair was more consumed in pressing Marc about her date with Sergi Roberto. And Marc only had eyes and ears for Ashley. It was a circle of people ignoring each other and trying to speak to someone who wasn't keen on speaking to them. 

-

updateeeeee. okay there aren't many updates left for this story. there are about two, at most four left. so i hope you're all enjoying the story. i am so fucking sleepy. the fucking gas company went to fix my neighbor's house yesterday AT THREE IN THE FUCKING MORNING. and they were DRILLING A HOLE IN THE GROUND AT THREE IN THE MORNING. they finished at seven. and i fell asleep at one bc i can never fall asleep the night before the first day of school. i slept like two hours. im dying. fuck the gas company. i made up the restaurant rey buffalo's btw. inspired by buffalo wild wings of course. haha.

anyway, i hope you're all having an amazing day!

i love you.

-clary xx