~7~

The next day, Mat wakes me up by asking if I want to go to starbucks, to which I always answer yes. We then come back and hang out before we both take showers and begin our process for getting ready for the ceremony.

This year's awards are being held in New York City so we have to leave pretty early. I do my makeup and curl my hair before sliding into my dress I had picked out so long ago for this night.

 I do my makeup and curl my hair before sliding into my dress I had picked out so long ago for this night

I also slide my feet into the silver shoes I had picked. I spritz on some perfume and put in my earrings as Mat opens the bathroom door. When he sees me, he jaw actually drops. "Baby..." I all he can manage to say. I can feel my face get hot as he continues to stare. "You look absolutely beautiful. I mean, you're stunning." He breathes as he comes over to me and puts his hands on my waist. I take this time to look him up and down as well. "You look absolutely dashing as well." I say, running my hands down his firm chest. He's got on black dress pants and a black dress coat that has a floral pattern in black on it. He's also wearing a blue bowtie that just happens to perfectly match my dress. His hair is all styled up into his little wave he always does and he has on shiny black dress shoes. His cologne wafts into my nose and it makes me smile. "Baby I actually can't get over how gorgeous you are." He says again. Just then, his phone rings; he answers. "Yep, we'll be right out." He says, hanging up. "Who was that?" I ask, grabbing my clutch and putting my phone in. "Let's go." He says, taking my hand and ignoring my question. We head down to the first floor lobby of the apartment building and I look up from my feet to see a black limo parked out front. "Mathew, you didn't." I say. "I didn't, the NHL did." He says., opening the door for me. I get in and Mathew slides in behind me. We snuggle up together in the back of the limo and head towards the venue where the awards are.