Chapter 46 | What I Must Do

Authors Note: I am posting this at 1am NZ Time but ITS WORTH IT. Buckle up for one hell of a ride. Also, you guys have no idea how long I've been waiting to use this quote for this specific Chapter. (Hint: Since Chapter 26).

THANK YOU FOR 1 MILLION READS. (I will have to post a bonus Chapter at some point to say thank you. Any ideas of what you guys would like?)

Much love,
Daisy xx

_______________________

Chapter 46 | What I Must Do

*

'Hell is e m p t y
and
all the d e v i l s
are
h e r e.'

- William Shakespeare

*

OBSIDIAN

On top of a perilous mountain peak, three figures stood with the posture of Gods readying themselves for war.
A soundless wind rushed through the landscape below them and the trees gave a collective shiver, as though anticipating the inevitable battle to come.

Staring at his Father down the length of his sword, Obsidian vaguely noticed that the black blade did not tremble as he directed it towards its previous Master and it pleased him, that now the moment had finally arrived, his hands were steady.
With Obsidian's previous declaration, Zeus had offered a distorted smile in return, the expression anything but pleasant and now he opened his mouth to speak.

"Those are heavy words, boy."

The sword fell back to Obsidian's side with a swish, the black metal ringing slightly as he sheathed the blade.
"It is the truth," he uttered dismissively. Noticing how Zeus' gaze lingered on the weapon at his hip he added with a sneer, "however, I no longer need to rely on a sword to kill you. It would be nice to be consistent though, I suppose."

"Is that so," Zeus said slowly. His gaze remained on the sword as he slowly raised an arm, his fingers curling as though beckoning, "Then, since you have made your intentions clear, I have no reason to hold back." His hand closed into a fist and he jerked his arm forward, as though tugging on a string. "Come."

Thinking that the words were directed at him, Obsidian stepped forward without hesitation, but a second later the ground underneath his feet jerked violently and he halted, glancing sideways towards Zalas instinctively.

The Air Nymph looked sour as he hovered a few inches off the ground, so as not to be disrupted by the now heavily shaking earth and upon meeting Obsidian's gaze, his scowl deepened.

Don't tell me you forgot about the other thing already.

Realising what he was implying, Obsidian looked back to his Father. Zeus was still standing in the same place, seeming unperturbed by the unstable ground. He gave Obsidian a bored look. "I thought you were coming to kill me," he said patronizingly, "you can't be having second thoughts already; we haven't even started."

Obsidian ground his teeth together. You take care of it, he told Zalas, let me focus on him.

The Air Sprite's growl of derision was only an echo in Obsidian's ear as he plunged towards his Father without hesitation.

*

CIRCE

"Ambrose."

Isn't it funny, Circe thought, as she sat calmly in Obsidian's chair, her fingers drumming a steady rhythm on the worn leather, how one name spoken can hold a thousand different emotions?