Chapter 39 | Resurrection

The second half, as promised! You guys have no freaking idea how long I have been planning this Chapter -cries inside-

Alrighty, here we go!
-rubs hands together- 

Enjoy xx

_________________________________

Chapter 39 | Resurrection

*

'You were dead.
Yet, here you 
a r e.'

- Supernatural

*

ARANEL

The enormity of what she was about to do had begun to set in and her body trembled with anticipation. The hand that held the golden pendant clenched a little tighter around the stone. She could feel it pulsing, like a small heart. She was so close.

Around her neck she felt the warmth from her own stone, hot against her chest. She drew strength from it and stepped forward.

"You don't want to do this." Her Uncles voice was bodiless in the dark.

"I know what I am doing," she snapped back.

"This is not what your Father would have wanted."

She breathed in sharply, her chest tightening. "You don't know what my Father would have wanted," the words came out in a harsh whisper.

"Yes," he said, "I do. We both do."

She gritted her teeth. Her eyes narrowed. And then she breathed out. Her expression smoothed and she collected herself. In the darkness, she could see the dim outline of Kronos, waiting for her. His golden eyes burned in the shadow of his face, staring her down.

"You should listen to your Uncle girl. You don't know what you're doing."

She couldn't help but laugh sourly. Was he serious? Now, of all times, he chose to be reasonable.

"I will never see my Father again," she said bitterly, "And I was young enough when he died, that the image of him as all but faded from my memory." She moved a little closer until Kronos came into focus. "But every time I look at you," she hissed, "I remember the man who took his life. And now, whenever I try to picture my Father, all I can see is your traitorous face."

The gem in her fingers was flaring brightly, pulsing faster than before.

"Put it on."

"You will not be able to kill him. Once here is here." Kronos stared steadily at her. His calmness fanned the flames of her rage, warping her expression.

"You don't know that."

"I do."

Suddenly she had had enough. "And why should you care?!" She raged at him, "Why the fuck would you care? You've been in here for so long! Why would you choose to care now, when I am offering you the freedom you asked me for when I found you here? You wanted to die, didn't you? Well here we are." Her chest heaved as she glared at him, "Now is your chance.

"I care," He said slowly, "because despite everything, my brother is an evil I do not wish to unleash upon this world."

She laughed loudly, scathingly. "Oh please. Don't pretend to be a hero Kronos," her lips curled in a mocking sneer, "you and I both know who the real lunatic is here. And he's standing right in front of me. Just because you have your sanity now, it doesn't mean shit. You and I both know that."