o30 - ateez family au au

ateez family in the avatar the last airbender universe

"Papa! San lit up the tree in our garden again!"

"And Yunho is teaching Jongho how to do the air scooter again!"

Seonghwa rushed outside putting out the fire his son had caused in last minute. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to! Something tickled my nose and then I sneezed and- and boom" he tried to explain, guilt clearly dominating his voice.

"Ah... It's okay, baby, we got it handled and noone got hurt, it's okay" Seonghwa sighed and bent down to clean San's nose. "We will help you learn how to control it it's okay"

Inside the house, Hongjoong was chasing Yunho and Jongho, who were racing around the house on the air scooter - an air bending figure Hongjoong had taught his eldest son. "Yunho! Come back here! Don't make me come after you!"

"Catch us first!" he giggled instead, speeding up and taking Jongho in his lap to escape even faster. He flew out the window from the first floor, landing safely and continued 'flying' through their backyard and the jungle kind woods beginning right after.

They rushed by Wooyoung and Mingi, who were playing a game they came up with themselves. The one whose rock flys the farest wins. Needless to say that Mingi clearly was ahead of Wooyoung, so after five minutes of playing Wooyoung would turn to throwing rocks at Mingi instead.

"Let the kids play as much as they want, when we're back to the city they can't do that" Seonghwa commented as he came back in and sat Hongjoong down on the couch.

They were taking a few days off on the Ember Islands as Hongjoong was overworking himself too much again. He was the avatar, the world's weight was literally on his shoulders and sometimes he broke down under the heavy break. And then, it was Seonghwa's duty to bring him up to his best again.

"The island is a save zone, let them have their fun, Joongie~" he said and started to massage his husband's shoulders. "And you do that too. Your shoulders are literally rock-hard, let out a little tension"

"Oh that's not the only thing that's rock-ha-" Seonghwa clapped on his head rather roughly "Yah! That hurt..." Hongjoong pouted, rubbing his head while Seonghwa unbothered continued to massage his shoulders. At some point Hongjoong finally relaxed and layed back, enjoying the treatment he was getting. "Where are the kids?"

"Yunho is teaching Jongho how to use the air scooter, Wooyoung is throwing rocks with Mingi - as usual - and the twins are practicing. Yeosang made big progress on his bending! San is still struggling with controlling it, you have to help him there I don't think my techniques helped him much"

"Mhmm" Hongjoong hummed, melting into Seonghwa's hands. He indeed had a heavenly way with them and Hongjoong enjoyed every bit of it. It was a moment of silence and peace for both of them. No crying, no screaming, no chaos. Just them. Seonghwa's hands wandered from his shoulders to his jaw, loosening the knots one by one, Hongjoong's praising hums telling him he was doing it just right.

When he was about to remove his hands, it only took a firm grip from Hongjoong and a gust of wind to flip him over on his lap. Seonghwa squeaked. "yah, don't do this, you know it scares me!" he complained, not being able or hide his in-love-grin though.

"You sure? Your flustered face tells me otherwise, my prince" Hongjoong replied plastering Seonghwa's face with kisses and enjoying his embarrassed giggled. "Oh love, how about we just take this and go up-"

A loud shriek broke the peaceful atmosphere. "Ah!" San yelled. The parents got up from where they were sitting - more or less willingly - to see what happened. Into view came a drenched San and an on the edge of crying Yeosang.