Dad Would Be Proud

Chapter 8

*Tommy's POV*

We just gotten married & now me & Adam are at the party. Everyone, I mean everyone is here, I thought nobody else in my family would come & see get married, especially when I'm marrying a guy. Adam isn't some guy, he's my world, my escape.

"Everyone, may I have your attention?" I hear Neil's voice as he makes his speech. Everyone stopped what they were doing & the room fell into silence, "I would like to say a few words for my brother, Adam & his lucky husband, my brother-in-law, Tommy," I smiled, "I knew this day would come sooner or later. Now that's it's actually happening, I'm proud of him, of both of them," Neil faced both of us, "Tommy, I can see why Adam asked to marry you, you're a great person, an amazing guitarist & a wonderful boyfriend for Adam. You were like a brother to me & now," he raised up his glass, "You're part of the Lambert family," everyone clapped as Neil sat back in is seat next to Adam.

"Thank you, brother," Adam & Neil hugged each other as the crowd clapped. I love seeing Adam & Neil this is what brothers are suppose do for each other, be there for each other.

"Tommy," I hear Kim's voice, "I always thought that you, you were going to find love, even if you doubted it. I knew that someone would ask you marry them. Now, that it happened. Dad would be proud of you," I hugged Kim with all my brotherly love I have for her. I missed dad, but I knew he was in a better place, that he's watching over me, that he's proud of me. He always was.

I let go of Kim & stood up, "I would like to say a few words," I said into the microphone, "I never thought my life would come to this. I always thought I was only here for people's entertainment, not for someone to love me or my flaws. All my life I've been think that no one would ever love me. I auditioned to be the bassist for Adam's band nothing more. When I first laid my eyes in Adam, I felt something. A feeling I couldn't describe or felt before. That's when I knew later on, I was in love with him," I looked back at Adam, he was shocked, "Ever since that day, he was on my mind 24/7, I thought he would never be mine or like me for that matter, but when I told him how I felt about him. He liked me too. The past year we've been dating, he made me feel human. He made me feel safe, that everything will be okay & that he'll be there for me when I needed him the most. Adam," I faced him as he got up, "You're the reason why I keep going, to live & breathe. You make me smile & laugh by being you, that's the real reason I fell in love with you, not your fame or fortune. It's the person that's inside you, yourself. I love you, Adam & I will always, for the rest of my life," I put the microphone down as I wrapped my arms around Adam's neck & kissed him. He place this hands on my back, pulling me closer to him. I deepen the kiss as the crowd applaud. I pulled back to see Adam eyes full of tears.

"Did you really mean it, Tommy," I wiped away the tear that fell from his eye.

"I said it didn't I?" I asked. He answered me with another kiss.

***

My head leans on Adam's shoulder as the people around me danced to the music blasting in the room. I see Kim dancing with David, Ashley dancing with her boyfriend, my mom dancing with Neil & Carly, Eber & Lelia dancing together. I didn't like the music & I don't like dancing that much. I hear the a familiar tune now playing, I lifted my head room hear it better, I see Adam in front of me holding his hand. I took it & got up from my chair. Adam led me to the middle of the dance floor as everyone got out of the way.

I let go of Adam's hand, "I don't know how to dance?" I said shyly.

Adam walked to me, "I'll teach you," I nodded in agreement as he took my hand again, he placed my hand on his shoulder, he place his other hand on my hip, he intertwined our hands. "You just sway," Adam swayed us side to side as 'Broken Open' played. I lay my head in Adam's chest as he pulled me closer to him. Adam's heartbeat calmed me down as we kept dancing together. "Broken pieces, break into me, so imperfectly, what you should be," Adam sang the lyrics as we kept upon each other.

***

"Thank you, for being here, Kim," I said. The party ended, so we cleaned up after the guests left.

"Anything for you, Tommy," she hugged me as I embraced her, "I'm so proud of you. Dad would be proud."

"I know he would, Kim. I miss him, too," I pulled back for her to get home. "Good night, Kim."

"Night, Mr. Lambert," she walked away with David beside her.

"Hello, Mr. Lambert," Adam snaked his arms around me,

I giggled, "Hello, Adam," I said.

"We're done cleaning, wanna go home?" Adam asked.

"Yes," I yawned, "Let's go home."