Behind the Scenes (Chapter 8)

I set my bag down onto the floor of my room. It's pretty bare; faint red carpet with a small kitchenette to the right and a double bed taking up the left. Straight ahead is what appears to be a small bathroom. Guess this is what I get for what I had left.

        Inside my bag I have very few things; some extra cash I took out of the bank, some non-perishable foods, random papers and pens, an extra outfit, and my anti depressants. Lovely.

        Speaking of it, I quickly down another pill. I think I've taken 3 today. So far, I've had to back to the pharmacy once to get a new bottle. That was a couple of days ago, so my bottle is fairly full.

        It's the 15th today. It's... been over 17 years. Heh, I guess it doesn't really matter anymore. But... let's say that I started my first day of Grade Four 17 years ago. I chuckle to myself and slip my bottle of pills in my pocket, as well as some paper and a pen.

        As I close the door to my room, I stare at the giant sign in front of the building, reading 'Motel'. Never thought I would have to stay at one of these. Last time was... Florida. 2014. 6 years ago. It seemed so long ago.

-

"Alright guys, see you on the next--prank that--I don't--hope it's from my perspective..." Ryan says into his camera.

        "Hopefully it's safe!" I exclaim

        "Heh, yea," we both say at the same time.

        "Hopefully it's safe and we don't die..." Ryan repeats.

        "Yeah, we'll see you there." I joke into my camera that I'm holding. I laugh. "Haha, later." I turn off the recording, and Ryan does as well. We both look towards Jerome who is laid out onto the couch, his hat covering his face.

        "...you guys suck." He says to us, taking his hat off.

        I run over to him and tackle him, making him fall off the couch.

        "Heh, let's just hope that you're not the victim, Mitch," he smiles.

        "Awe, shit." I say under my breath, just loud enough so they both can hear it.

        "As long as I'm not the victim, I'm fine." Ryan puts his hands up innocently and walks into the kitchen.

        I get up off the couch. "I gotta go put some videos up live, biggums."

        I enter my guest room, and assuming that Jerome has nothing better to do, he follows me. While I sit onto the bed, Jerome flops onto it, laying down with his arms and legs spread out. He looks almost nonexistent with his light blue shirt up against the blue sheets. I grab my laptop from the bedside table and open it, using my portable mouse to navigate the desktop.

        "Man, I never even found a mouse out of that." Jerome groans, making me crack a smile.

        "I don't even think Ryan has another mouse." I tell him.

        He sits up as I make the next video public. I sigh. "I can't wait until I'm free of these stupid--"

        "Don' say that, biggums!" He says, getting off the bed. "They all love you, and you can't just not care."

        I sigh again. "But they're--"

        "Nope."

        "I can't'-"

        "C,mon, man..." He says, gently punching my shoulder. "You can't keep saying that..." He's more serious now.

        "Y'know they don't understand that I'm human as well, Jerome." I set my laptop to the side of me. "They expect me to pop videos out every other hour... the world doesn't work like that. They're just so--"

        "'kay how 'bout we have a quick drink? Get your kind off of it." Jerome's offer does sound pretty good.

        "Yeah guys, how about a drink?" Ryan says, walking in with a can of beer in his hand.

        "Dude, don't start without us!!" I cry as I race Jerome out into the kitchen, shutting the lid of my laptop on my way out.

Continue in Chapter 9...

A/N Btw, I'm sorry this chapter was  so short!