Choosing Day

Choosing day. The day kids the age of 17 choose what faction they want to live in for the rest of their lives. The day I get to leave this place I call home. The place where I don't belong. That place being Amity.

People think Amity is all peaceful and loving. It really isn't, well from my point of view. My dad, he abused me after work. Same with my mom except she didn't do anything physical, she did mental. It hurt worse when I was beat since dad and mom are werewolves. Just like me. They run a pack here in Amity since they're Alpha and Luna. That pack hurts me too but no one says anything about it since my parents are leaders of Amity along with the Beta and Gamma. When someone from a different faction comes they threaten me then act all loving and peaceful. When I'm in the fields they can't hurt me since they never know when someone is watching the fence. Or sometimes they even lock me up if I have too many bruises and cuts showing. Of course I fight back but that seems to make things worse on me. I decided that today I'm going to change factions. Well of course I would. They beat me here and I haven't found my mate.

"Hey bitch wake up!" I heard my mom yell.

I got out of my bed and put on a yellow sweater and red skinny jeans. I heard footsteps walking towards my door and I quickly put on my red hi-top converse. The door flew up right when I put my last shoe on. Looking up I saw my dad. Well this is going to be fun.

"Hey little slut you better be down stairs in 10 minutes or you know what happens." He warned before slamming the door.

I sighed and climbed out the window. I went to the tree next to our house and climbed it. I always went to this tree to get away from everyone. After a few minutes of quietness I went back inside before they would notice me gone. Not like they care or anything.

"You better pick Amity, whore." Mom said once I got into the kitchen.

I nodded. I guess they think they abused me enough to the point I'd listen to them and pick Amity. Mom set a plate in front of me and muttered 'slutty hoe' to me. I ignored her and started eating the food. Everyone thinks Amity doesn't eat meat. That's another lie. We have to with our wolves. We secretly kill things for meat without leaving a trace.

After I finished eating the eggs, sausage, and toast I rinsed off my plate. Mom and Dad were still eating but glared at me. Dad had a look I was too familiar with. One that I know means he's going to beat me when he's finished eating. I turned around and started walking away.

"Blair stay here." Dad growled using his alpha voice.

He knew of he used it he could get me to stay. My wolf would obey to his dominate one. I stopped in my tracks and heard his plate hit mine in the sink.

Feeling a punch to my side I hit the wall next to me. He kneed me in the side and started punching me. At one point I tried fighting back but that led me to being on the ground. I started coughing up blood and felt him roll up my sleeves. I knew what he was doing instantly. He was going to cut me. I felt his favorite knife carve words into my skin. I knew if I tried to move my arm he'd 'accidentally' cut me too deep. After he felt like I had enough he released me and I ran to my room.

'Blair it hurts.' I heard my wolf, Azrael faintly whimper.

'I know it does Azia. But I'll get is out of here.' I whispered back.

'Why are we whispering? No one is going to hear us Blair.'

'Good question, I don't really know.'

I pulled on a red cardigan with a yellow tank top underneath, after seeing all the blood on my other one. I really can't wait till I do get out of here.

"Fatass let's go! Your father and I have to be there early!" Mom yelled banging on my door.

I walked over to it and opened my door finding her walking away. I followed Mom and Dad. My body was still sore but it was healing fast. We walked outside and the rest of our pack members that had kids my age were walking already. I heard people whispering and gigging. 'Look it's the fat bitch up there.' 'She definitely is a slut like Cole said.' 'I wonder if Cole is going to follow her if she leaves.'