The Golems

So as you might have guessed all five of us ended up sharing the same room, which would have been crowded even if there were only three of us. I took one bed, Sapphire took the other, Pearl slept on the floor, and Ruby and Opal set up hammocks. It was actually pretty peaceful, the only problem happened when they started arguing about sleeping arrangements. They decided that I was the one to arrange everyone. I said how I prefer to sleep alone and how since Sapphire found me it was only fair that she get the other bed. I looked at Pearl and asked if since she liked the couch at the apartment, which I found very stiff if she would prefer the floor. Surprisingly she agreed and that only left Ruby and Opal. I asked if they had any cots or futons or something and Opal mentioned hammocks so they grabbed a couple and set them up with no problem.

"Why do you girl care so much about being my roommate?" I asked. "I mean thanks and all but, I don't know, its just a little weird is all. I know I'm supposed to be some great ruler but that doesn't make me a god or anything."

"Actually-" Opal started to say but Ruby elbowed her in the gut.

"It's just that you are very important and we wish to keep you safe," Ruby replied. "It's best not to dwell on it. Why don't we try to get some rest and we'll start you're training in the morning, I've got a bad feeling that something big is on the way and it ain't friendly."

I tried to get some sleep but just as I was relaxing my vision started. It was different this time, strong, more realistic, almost as if I was actually there. I didn't see my sister like I usually do, instead, I saw a giant monster that stood 15 feet tall. It was a large Scandinavian woman with a rather large set of breasts. She appeared to be made out of stone, clay, tar, and cement. She smelled of mold, flowers, and death. Not a very attractive smell. She was angry and running fast. Then my vision blurred and I was in a grassy field. This had never happened before, I had never moved in my vision and I had never had a vision that wasn't based around my sister. Just then the field turned ablaze and a figure started forming. It looked like it was made from the fire itself. It had blood red eyes, magma and flames danced around as it slowly formed arms and legs. Wow, this brings a whole new meaning to the term hot. When it finished forming it was as tall as a single story house and looked like a beautiful fire nymph. She turned and looked at me, but she wasn't looking at me in particular. Instead, she was looking past me. Then she started to burn through the field, she burned straight through me, literally. She moved faster then I had ever seen before. My vision blurred again and I was on a beach. The waves were crashing fiercely below a cliff. Then I noticed that it wasn't a wave hitting the cliff, it was a hand. A giant hand almost as large as the stone monster I had seen before. Then it happened, the hand grabbed the top of the cliff and pulled itself up. It was the largest, and strongest mermaid I had ever seen. Except the difference was that the top part of her body seemed to still be made of water and moved like the current itself. She screamed so loud that I felt my ears pop and all I could smell was salt water. Her voice is lovely but I think I'm too close. My vision blurred again but this time worse than before as though I was flying from place to place and this time I moved at supersonic speed popping my ears even more. I was standing in the middle of what looked similar to the grand canyon but was made out of purple rocks instead. Six black tornadoes that looked like they were made from nothingness, touched down fairly close to one another. I knew from watching the weather channel in store windows that if they collided one of two things could happen. One they could cancel each other out and that would be that, or two, they combine and create a huge tornado more fierce than they were alone. They never said that what happened next was even a possibility. Instead, the tornadoes combined kind of like an old Voltron robot. One tornado became the body, four smaller ones became the arms and legs, and an even smaller one became ahead with an expression that kept changing. First, it looked like a wicked smile, then a painful scream, then a sneer, and finally a maniacal laugh. Her entire body looked like space itself had tried to walk on earth. She sped off before I could get a closer look. All the pieces started to click together, they weren't nymphs or anything like that. They were golems, worst of all they were elemental golems, the deadliest, meanest, and most difficult to kill. How I knew all this I didn't know, all I knew was that's what they are and I know where they're headed, and it's not a friendly meet up. My vision started blurring at a rapid pace. It felt like I was caught in a hurricane that was trying to drown me. My vision started to clear one last time and I was standing in a field. It was slightly cloudy as if it had just rained about ten minutes earlier. It was warm with a post-storm breeze and it was quiet. My favorite kind of weather. Everything was perfect but nothing anywhere moved, made a sound, or otherwise showed it was there. No trees, buildings, or anything; just grass. It felt like the entire world was wiped clean out of existence.

Opal shook me awake and told me how I had been shifting viciously and almost screaming as I slept. The other three had gone and had breakfast and practically ignored me. I had to fill Opal in on my annual nightmares because apparently, no one else had. Opal brought me to the breakfast table and I informed everyone of how strange my dream had been since it wasn't like my normal ones.

"So that's when Opal woke me up," I told them.

"This is bad, very very bad." Ruby was shaking and rocking back and forth.

"Well you were right, something big is on the way," Pearl said, just as a huge crash shook the entire base. "And it looks like it's here!"

Alarms went blaring as the wall to our left was ripped off by a stone arm. The ceiling started to crumble above us. Just as everyone was preparing to attack and I had created a long sword from my gauntlet, a large piece of ceiling fell on top of me and knocked me unconscious. I remember thinking great, I'm going to die like a bloody single half-ling who can't even sleep in a room full of girls without freaking at least one of them out. Then everything went black.

Jacob? Can you hear me? It's time to learn who you are.