The Senate

*     *     *

"We have to do something! They can't be allowed to return!" A furious African man in a black robe said as another man stood in the back of the room. Five others stared at a large crystal-like gem that showed an unfocused image of Jake and Sapphire.

"You don't expect her to actually succeed in returning the prince do you?" An Asian woman with uncomfortably large breasts asked. "She can't even fly with the condition of her wings. There is no possible way for the two of them to return."

"Unless she teaches him to use his own wings. Those wings they should be mine! I need them!" A shorter Irish man said.

"But she doesn't even know the first thing about teaching someone to fly!" The Asian woman replied.

The taller silent man in the back corner of the room spoke up. "What I want to know is how she got to earth in the first place, and how she managed to find Lord Jacob?"

"Why should that matter? It's not like there's any way back here without flying." A young British girl who looked to be twelve said.

"But what if they are receiving help from here? What if someone were to carry them?" The taller man asked.

A very large American man finishing a turkey leg said. "If that's the case we could always double the staff. More guards. More soldiers. MORE COOKS!"

"Can you stop thinking about food for once?" An Italian man with multiple chains, necklaces, and watches asked. "We can't just go spending all that money on things like the staff. We need to worry about preventing anyone from helping, not buying more guards that will just want more money!"

"I could always stop them myself." The taller man announced.

"You aren't strong enough to take on Lord Jacob by yourself." The young girl told him.

"I'll have you know I was the top ranking officer in my field when I was in the guard force." The taller man boasted.

"I don't care what any of you do as long as that girl doesn't bring the prince back!" The African man shouted. "If she does then I'm going to rip someones head off!"

"We might as well send the golems to slow them down at the very least." The woman said.

"Fine. All those in favor of sending the golems say AYE." The taller man said.

"Aye!" The fat man announced.

"Aye." The woman said.

"AYE!" The little girl squealed.

"Aye." Said the short man.

"AYE." Said the Italian man with the jewelry.

They all looked at the African man.

"Fine, aye." he finally replied.

"Then it's settled, we'll send out the golems immediately." The taller man said. "That concludes our meeting. Oh, and Gluttony, stop getting gravy all over the viewing glass!"

"Sorry!" Gluttony pouted.

     *     *     *