An Archer Named Luna

I didn't feel like I was out for long. I woke up in what I'm guessing is, or better yet was the infirmary. I was being treated by, a robot?! Things definitely couldn't get weirder, but as usual, they did. All of a sudden I'm ripped out of the room by a black tornado and flung across the building towards the west side. The entire place was under attack from all four directions. Just as I was about to get my bearings, the fire golem turned her attention from Opal and Sapphire, towards me.

"Aloha Jacob, we are here to dessstroy you and everything you love." She said with a voice that I can only associate with a thousand cicadas trying to talk over one another. "I am Pele, protector of the wessst, and the one who will bring your head to our missstresss." Just then another tornado came through but this time hit Pele and sent her flying. I was picked up yet again and sent towards the southern side of the building. This building is far larger then I thought it was. I had just enough time to change my gauntlet into a shield before I hit the ground. In front of me stood the air golem but this time she looked more human shaped, like a giant silhouette of a woman.

"I am Nuit, my younger sister thinks she has the right to destroy you but she is sadly mistaken." She said but her mouth never moved. Her voice seemed to come from everywhere all at once. Out of nowhere, the air seemed to be sucking itself out of my lungs. "So this is the most powerful being in the known realms? Even a god can't survive without air." Before I lost consciousness I saw an arrow hit Nuit in the eye. As she screamed I regained enough consciousness to hobble over to where Ruby was fighting off... fish?

"Hey who shot the arrow." I winced as I tried to breathe again but it's very hard to regain all the oxygen that was in my lungs.

"Don't know. We don't have any archers in the organization. But if they're helping us than I don't care." Ruby panted, exhausted from slicing through schools of flying fish. Strangely not the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Just then a wave crashed over us and washed us to the east wing.

"♪I am Sirena, guardian of the east, protector of wayfarers, the second oldest of the four sisters.♪" Sang the mermaid, water golem, thing? Her voice was melodious but fierce. I was very confused. I knew that they were golems because they were constructs of a specific element, but something was nagging at the back of my head. Fire Pele West, Air Nuit South, East Sirena Water? That leaves North and Earth but it isn't clicking. Nuit said Pele was younger, and Sirena said she was the second oldest, but who is the oldest.

"♪Are you ready to die half-ling?!♪ " Sirena said with a wicked laugh. !BOOM! Before she could do anything a boulder the size of a school bus crashed into her sending Opal and Sapphire, who had just shown up after putting out the fires, along with Ruby and myself hurtling towards the north wing. Ruby crashed into Topaz, Opal and Sapphire both hit Pearl, and I flew into a mysterious girl with a bow. She had metallic blue eyes they were soft but cold. Her hair was jet black and went down to the middle of her back. She was roughly 5'9" and looked very athletic, almost as though she could bench press someone my size but she was still quite slender. However, the expression on her face said it all.

"Get off me!" She yelled. "You screwed up my aim!"

"Sorry!" I said as I tried to scramble off her. "Who are you, Ruby said that no one in the organization knows archery?"

"A, Now that I can breathe, my name is Luna. And B, I'm not with this, whatever you called it." She said but a little less harshly. "I've been tracking this golem sense it trampled over my campsite. She's the oldest sister, Berkana, the embodiment of the earth itself. Created from the northern plains."

"How do you know all this?" I asked. None of this made sense while at the same time it just did. I remember one of my only friends from my school used to talk about different religions. Nuit was the Egyptian goddess of the sky, Pele was a Hawaiian volcano goddess, Sirena was a Philippine mermaid goddess, and Berkana was a Norse giantess. "They're goddesses aren't they?"

"Technically yes and technically no." Luna tried to explain but another boulder came hurtling in our direction. Topaz was able to intercept it with his war hammer.

"Less talking more fighting!" Topaz yelled as he smashed through another two rocks.

"You puny mortals are no match for my sisters and I," Berkana said with a rather rough voice as she stood in front of us.

"♪We will prevent you from ever returning to the throne.♪" Sirena sang as her body form at our right.

"It is not you're birthright" Nuit's voice came from everywhere as she appeared behind us.

"We will have to dessstroy you inssstead." Pele hissed as she erupted towards our left.

"Choose now mortals, by whom do you wish to die?" Berkana laughed.

"So cremation, suffocation, drowning, or being crushed under the earth itself," I said. Something came over me. I felt like I could talk my way out of anything. As though someone else was telling me what to say. I had to use my head. I can't fight them, but they could fight each other. "Not much of a choice there is it. I mean, after all, Nuit and Sirena would just kill me the same way."

"Jacob what are you doing?" Opal whispered. She was barely audible but I managed to make out what she said.

"Using my head," I whispered back. "Play along."
With that, she nodded and I just did my thing. For some reason, I felt more powerful, as though I could convince anyone to do anything I said. Now just to see if I actually could. "Seriously though, if I can't breathe because of water or lack of air, is there really a difference. I don't think so, which leaves us with the eldest and the youngest. Which one is more entitled to kill me."
"Clearly I am. I am the youngessst, Ssso your body ssshall burn." Pele said giving me just enough time to block a lava rock the size of an ATV. Just as I regained my ground Berkana smacked Pele upside the back of her head with a boulder equivalent to a bus.
"You are but a spoiled brat. You deserve nothing!" Berkana screamed. Both Pele and Berkana began fighting each other exactly as I planned. Unfortunately, I had hoped Sirena and Nuit would also fight each other but instead seemed to be deciding how they planned to kill me together.
And that was just the TIP of the iceberg.

Now you will learn your power.