Chapter 9

Dick watches from afar as Kate tries to convince Kara not to use the book. 

"You open that book, and you do not know what will happen. To you?" Kate said, obviously worried. "To all those Earth's you're trying to save?" 

"I have to Kate, all those people need help." Kara pushes Kate out of the way. 

 Kate puts her hand on Kara's arm. 

"And we are doing our best to help everyone we can. That is not the answer."

"Then what am I supposed to do? Just be okay with all those people dying? Like Bruce?" She spat. "Believe that if life is supposed to end just let it?" 

"Of course not." Kate sighs."But if you open that book it will destroy you."

"I have to do this."

"Then I'll having to stop you."

"You won't be able to."

"You'd be surprised." Kate smirks.

Sensing things are heating up, Dick reaches into his pocket for the piece of kryptonite preparing for the worst.

"I wish things were different Kara, I wish I was hopeful like you but one thing I do know is that if you take a chance on that book and it doesn't work and something happens to you, we're all doomed."

Kara looks at the book then suddenly looks at Dick. 

Her eyes slowly going to his hand in his pocket before storming off.

Kate turns around, "How long have you been there?" 

Dick sighs, "Long enough." 

He lets go of the kryptonite. 

"You should tell her about that." Kate points out.

"I-" Dick stares at where Kara was and sighs again.

Kate raises an brow and stares at him.

"Now?" Dick spultters. 

"Obviously. The more you wait the worse the situation is going to get."

"Fine."  He takes off after her.