4🏁

Rachel's POV

That night Sheriff and Mater took care of him while he was knocked out, meanwhile I went back to my own room in the Cozy cone. It was the next day now and Lightning was sent for trial. I was on my way there right now actually. Me and Sally were coming in a bit later after catching up a bit.

We opened the rather big doors and made our way in the court room. Since we were the only late ones all eyes were on us. Once Lightning saw me he was shocked. I just shyly smiled and made my way towards Grandpa, while Sally was busy interrogating him "Hi Grandpa" I said awkwardly. "Don't you hi grandpa me young lady we'll talk later, right now I need to kick this bastard outta my town". Grandpa is not in a good mood.

"Kick him out? We can put good use to this situation Doc!" Sally cried. She ended up making a whole speech and convinced grandpa to make Mcqueen fix the road. Since grandpa was already upset at me he put me on duty to watch keep an eye on him everyday till he finished! Thanks Sal.

◼︎◻︎◼︎◻︎ ◼︎

"Grandpa I'm really sorry about running away without telling you, and joining the race but I had to! You wouldn't have let me any other way, racing has always been my dream since I was a kid and you know that!" he sighed. 

"Look, kid, running away to chase your damn dreams was dangerous yes, I'm concerned about your safety everyday! Your older brother is all by himself in England going on dangerous missions and I can't protect him! I can at least protect you, protect you from the pain I had to go through as a racer myself! Its still in me, my passion for racing and its passed on to you too. I can't risk losing you and I will not let you go through the pain I did, but I can't stop you from your dreams either." It was silent but I saw him hesitating on something, until he finally said it. 

"I was just like you when I was young, and I wouldn't have wanted my old man stopping me from my dreams either, so I will support you, but from now on we train together and I'm coming with you on your races, cause kid the way I saw you race out there, gave me back memories of my old days and I was never prouder, you got some stuff kid.

I had tears of joy in my eyes, I ran to him and gave him a hug. "Thanks grandpa" I mumbled, my face buried in his chest. "Anything for you kid."

◼︎◻︎◼︎◻︎ ◼︎

The next day I woke up at 6 am to get Lightning all set up with Bessie. I did my morning routine and got dressed in a white long sleeve shirt with a checkered denim jumpsuit (picture above). I went to his motel room after lots of convincing to Sally and grandpa. I got him that room. I banged on his door and yelled "Wake up Mcqueen, duty calls" I heard a groan then some shuffling around until after about 10 min he was finally out. "Well good morning to you too sweet cheeks".

I fought an upcoming blush and just huffed, "took you long enough, come one" he just chuckled behind me as we made our way to Bessie. It was a big machine he had to pull and carry on his back till the end of the road. The machine has wheels but it is incredibly heavy. Not that heavy that makes it impossible to pull. I hooked the machine on Mcqueen and explained what he had to do. He just groaned at the weight and began.

◼︎◻︎◼︎◻︎ ◼︎

It was now around evening and Mcqueen took some breaks and took his shirt off at one point. I lost track of time and started to think watching him wasn't so bad. He was grunting and sweating, not bad at all. He caught me staring a few times longer than I should and smirked, he even had the audacity to yell out "Like what you see?" that was around an hour after he started working so I decided to get up and find something to do and watch him every now and then to make sure he didn't run away. 

Currently Sally and Gianna pulled a chair and sat beside me as well as I helped Sal fill out some paper work for her Motel. Gianna and I were talking while Sally was mostly listening and pitching a few comments here and there since she was busy in her paperwork, Sally an Gianna are sisters to me we're all super close, I love them a lot and I don't know what I could do without them. 

"So, Lightning huh" Sally suddenly spoke up. "What about him?" I said, we all looked at him, he was talking to Mater. "He's hot" Gianna piped up. "W-what? I guess?" i stuttered. Sally looked up to Gianna and they both gave each other a knowing look then looked at me "Do you have a thing for Mcqueen?" Sally asked "WHAT? Nooo don't be ridiculous" Gianna just chuckled "quit lying Rach we see how you look at him" I hid my face "Gia's right you know". "I-I don't know I hardly know the guy" Well then get to know him Sally retorted as if it were that easy to do. "How?" "Just walk up to him and ask him for a drive" Gianna said. I looked down and mumbled a fin I'll try. They both squealed.

"What's going on 'ere ladies" Mater asked. "Oh nothing Mater we just got Rach here to ask Mcqueen out" Gianna replied. "Hey! I thought it was gonna stay between us!" I smacked Gianna on the arm and got an 'ow' in return. "What were you and Mcqueen talking about there anyway?" Sal asked. "Oh shoot he just asked about miss Rachel over here" we all looked at each other "What did he say?!" we all screeched. Mater looked as if he saw the ghost light. 

"Nothing he just wants to know more about ya" Mater replied. "See Rach he want's to get to know you too!".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I hope you all like this chapter! y next chapter will still be dedicated to the first comment. Till now none.

School started so i'm quite busy but i'll try to update this weekend<3

Have a great day! Bye loves!

xN