AT THE HOUSE

THANKS TO ALL OF MY READERS! PLEASE  REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME! THANKS!

Mentioning's of abuse will be marked 🔵.

PERCY POV-

I had just dropped Grover off at our new house. Annabeth was giving me directions to get to her house.

"So, you turn right up at this next street," She said. I listened. After a few more instructions we pulled into her driveway. I openned my car door, I looked back at her, and saw her making no effort to open hers. She was staring at the car parked in front of us with anger and sadness in her beautiful grey eyes. I knew that look, it was the look I used to give my old step-dad, Gabe.

"We can go o my house if you want," I said. She turned and looked at me.

"You sure?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, my mom will be fine with it." She gave me an uneasy look. "Trust me, it's fine."

She sighed, "Okay, thanks."

🔵

I sat down in my seat, and pulled out of the driveway, heading down the street. "I used to have a step-dad, Smelly Gabe, is what I called him. He abused me, but my mom didn't know, I was scared to tell her, scared that he'd hit me harder," I didn't know why I was telling her this stuff, I didn't even tell Grover this stuff. She looked over at me, a sad look in her eyes. I watched as a single tear ran down her cheek. I leaned over and wiped it away. I continued, "My mom had a hard time keeping a job, so she married him. He had a good job, and it could help pay the bills. The problem was, he was too drunk to even drive to work most of the time. When I was home, he always found something to blame me for. Trying to eat a piece of pizza, interrupting his game of poker, just being there. You name it, he's blamed me for it. He turned my bedroom into his collection of crap. I mainly just lived in my dormroom at school." By now, there were tears in my eyes. I still didn't know why I was telling her all this stuff, but I felt comfortable doing it. I know I just met her today, but I trusted her, and everything was easy with her. It felt like I'd known her my whole life. I was about to continue.

"Percy, you don't have to continue," She said rubbing my arm. I sighed.

"Sorry, you probably don't want to hear about my life. what about yours?" I asked.

"I didn't mean it like that, it's just that," She sighed and looked down, "I know how hard it is to talk about family matters like that, that's why I've never been able to tell anyone about my life." That last sentence made me angry and upset. Who would purposely hurt Annabeth? She rolled up her sweatshirt sleeve, not the side with the tattoo.

"This is one of the bruises," She said sadly. I felt a sudden need to protect her. She must've noticed the angry look in my eyes because she gripped one of my hands. "I'm fine, I'm tough." I looked her in the eyes, ignoring the sudden urge in my stomach to kiss her. I looked back at the road.

"You should do something about it," I said. She didn't reply and instead started rubbing away tears.

🔵

We continued driving in silence. I noticed her grip, still on my hand. I didn't let go, instead, I gripped tighter. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her smile and blush, she was adorable. Wait, where was that thought coming from?!

---Timeskip to at Percy's---

I opened the door to my house. "Mom, I'm home!" I called. My three year old sister came waddling towards me.

"Pewcy!" She called. I bent over to catch her up just as she tripped.

"Hey Stella!" I said, picking her up. She giggled. My mom came walking in.