Chapter 6

Hey! I wanted to thank you for the 315 reads and the 16 votes! 

I never thought that I would reach 100 reads and now I discover that I have reached 315 reads!!! 

Thank you people so much!

∞ Third person's POV ∞

After walking for a few minutes, Hermione arrived at the entry of the eight year dormitories.

In front of her was a painting of a young child, probably five years old at most, in the middle of a forest, playing with a squirrel.

The brunette wondered why the child's painting was at Hogwarts and was the entry of their dormitories, since, for the painting to be interactive it needs to be from a powerful witch or wizard, which was why there aren't many paintings of very young people. So how could the child interact with them to ask for the password? Was he really that powerful at such a young age?

(A/N: When a magical portrait is taken, the artist uses enchantments to ensure that the painting is able to move in the usual way. The painting is able to use some of the subject's favourite phrases and imitate their general demeanour. The more powerful the subject, the more interactive the painting.)

Still staring at the painting who ignored her, Hermione hadn't noticed the three Slytherins who had reached the same spot, looking at her in disbelief.

"Wow, I thought you would be lost in the maze that are the donjons! Normally we need to go search the first years for the entire first week, and you, at the first try, you reach the entry of the new dorms! How?"

Hermione turned around: "O-oh... Hey, I didn't saw you..." she said, startled.

Zabini, the one who spoke, repeated his question: "How did you find the entry of our new dormitories? If you don't know the way you usually get lost!"

"We-well, I asked a painting for the directions and he gave them to me..."answered the brunette hesitantly.

The Slytherins looked at each other in disbelief and Malfoy cried out:

"How?! When I was in first year I asked my way to the paintings and they always gave me the wrong directions!"

Parkinson snorted at that: "Let me guess, Draco. Did you say: Hey, old painting! I am Draco Malfoy, son of Lucius Malfoy, tell me right now how I can get to my dorms!"

Malfoy pouted at that and then huffed: "Well, even if I would've asked them in a polite way it wouldn't have worked anyway! You guys are the evidence of it since you didn't have more success!"

Parkinson and Malfoy continued arguing while Zabini observed Hermione curiously. 

"Pansy, Draco, stop arguing like an old married couple! Granger, which painting helped you?" asked Zabini after a few seconds.

Hermione hesitated.

She didn't know if she should tell them but they didn't do anything wrong, it even seemed like they wanted to... befriend her... no, more like they wanted to make a truce.

The brunette hesitated for a few more seconds but since she didn't know why not, she told them:

"I asked the directions at the painting from Blaise Gregory Zabini, one of Zabini's great grandfathers, and he explained the way... Well, he told me after I explained who I was and why I wasn't in the Great Hall" 

Hermione had decided, without really thinking about it, to hide the fact that he was the second wizard in Hogwarts's history to be resorted. 

What is your favourite food?

Mines are pasta, pizza and pancakes!

~ 619 words ~

I'm sorry for the really short chapter but I decided to post it now because I didn't have the inspiration to continue.

Thanks,

• lilbookworm •