Chapter 9

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THE WIZARDING WORLD AND MOST OF THE CHARACTERS, THAT RIGHT GOES TO J.K. ROWLING!

Enjoy!

∞ Hermione's POV ∞

I woke up early the next morning, like I did every morning since I was very little. After all my parents, adoptive parents, were dentists and needed to go to work early, thus leaving me at school early. Since I was often the only kid there at that hour I'd start reading which is probably were my thirst for books rather than social interaction came from.

I quickly got out of bed, sweat drenched and glad that I didn't wake my roommate because of my nightmares of the war, dressed, brushed my teeth and tried to tame my hair.

It had gotten more manageable over the years but still, the only way to get it tamed was for why mother to braid it. Any other hairstyle ended up being messed up after a while. Only a magically spelled bun, like Headmistress McGonagall's, could keep in place. And it still wasn't always that smooth. But when I undid it , it became my worst nightmare. Thus, day after day, i'd brush it, try to put it in a respectable magical bun, fail, and rage because now my hair was even worse.

After a while of trying that morning, I gave up, and with a sigh, sat down and start to read one of todays textbooks while pushing my hair out of my face every few seconds.

"You know, you should try and do something about your hair if it's so annoying." commented Pansy, making me jump since I hadn't noticed she was awake.

"Can't." I mumbled.

"Why not?"

"There are only two things that work for me. One, I braid my hair, but I'm rubbish at it. Two, I put it in a magical bun, but I'm also not good at that and afterwards, as you can probably see, it is even worse. So, yeah."

"I could braid your hair!" she proposed excitedly.

"Really?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes! I'll quickly dress myself and then I'll join you."

After getting dressed, and no, I didn't check her out, after all, she wasn't absolutely, completely hot in that black, semi-see-through, dress shirt and dark green mini-skirt- Where were my thoughts going anyway, thinking about- Stop thinking about that!

She turned me sideways on the couch so that she could sit behind me— oh, that hot breath on my neck is driving me crazy— I shivered slightly.

"Tell me if I hurt you, okay?"

"Y-Yeah."

She soon began to delicately card her hands trough my hair— that feels so good —starting to arrange the strands the right way before she paused.

"Could I do something different? If you don't like it, I can still braid your hair afterwards."

I nodded.

Soon I began to feel lethargic, the feel of those delicate hands carding trough my hair was so soothing.

"Done!"

Hermione got up and went to stand before the mirror. She gaped.

My hair was tied back into two braids until it was loose from my head, at which point it was tied into two buns, on on either side.

"It's beautiful." I breathed.

She was standing behind me, smiling at me, so I turned and hugged her.