Everyone comes home

You all were in the Avengers lab, as Tony carefully places the stones in the gauntlet he made while Bruce and Rocket watches. With nervous precision, Tony manipulates the machine and carefully places all six stones into the gauntlet. You stare at Stark and then at the gauntlet.

"Boom!" Rocket yelped.

Tony and Bruce jump a bit, and quickly groan at Rocket's joke.

You all merge into another room, having to deal with another problem at hand.

"All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Scott Lang questioned, holding up the glove.

"I'll do it." Thor immediately volunteered himself.

"Excuse me?" Scott tilted his head in confusion.

"It's okay." Thor assures.

"No, no, no, whoa. Stop. Stop. Wait a sec. Hey, hey–" You stepped in between Thor and Scott, who was still holding the glove.

"Wait, wait, Thor, just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve shook his head no and took the glove from Scott's hand.

"I'm sorry. What, we're just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor shot.

"We should at least discuss it." You added in, raising your eyebrows at Thor.

"No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty." Thor grabbed the glove and nodded.

"It's not about that–" Stark tried to add in but it was useless.

Thor hushes everyone up, "It's not that– Stop it! Just let me!" Thor teared up a little bit but held it in, "Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right."

"Look– It's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition." Stark warned once more, but Thor shook it off.

"What do you– What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor questioned.

"Cheez Whiz?" You tilted your head, glancing at Thor.

"Lightning." Thor turned to you, really wondering if you said that.

"Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me." Banner stepped next to Thor.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive." You informed everyone in the room.

"How do we know you will?" Rodgers turned to Thor and Banner.

"We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma." He takes a good look at the gauntlet, "It's like...I was made for this." Banner stepped into the circle and Thor stepped aside.

"Good to go, yeah?" You shot Banner one more 'are you sure' look.

"Let's do it." Banner turned to Nebula to activate it.

"You remember– everyone, Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years." Stark reminded everyone in the room.

Everyone gets ready and suit up and you stood next to Stark.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., do me a favor and activate Barn Door Protocol. Will you?"

"Yes, boss."

The Avengers facility suddenly secures all doors, inside and out.

"Everybody comes home." You glanced around the room, nodding in determination.

Bruce puts on the gauntlet, which nanobotically expands to fit his hand, and the power surge overwhelms him. He grunts in pain and it was hard for everyone to watch.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor demanded.

"No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?" Rodgers questioned Banner.

"Talk to me, Banner." You demanded in a unsurely tone.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." Banner grunted.

Bruce screams, fighting through the intense pain coursing through his body courtesy of the gauntlet, and manages to snap his fingers. He faints and the gauntlet slides off his arm but you kick it away.

"Bruce!" Stark squealed.

"Don't move him." You demanded.

Bruce holds onto Steve's arm, "Did it work?"

"Worth a shot. It's over. It's okay." Thor assures Banner.

Scott walks towards the outside windows and sees plants and birds.

"Guys– I think it worked!" Scott squealed.

"What happens now?" You questioned Stark who by the look of his face, had no idea that this was going to work.

"I don't-"

All of a sudden, the ground begins to shake uneasy. Then a continuous array of missiles destroys the Avengers base completely and everyone sinks below to the underground.

For you, everything turned black.