Chapter 24

(Yugoslavia July 26, 2010)
"We can't send you back until at least tomorrow." Dr. Giant frowned at the tears on my face. I was trying to hold them back as well as I could but they just kept seeming to slip out.

"I just want to see him more. I want him back." Even if he forgot all about me I'd still love him. I'd make him fall for me all over again. We could be together and get married and it was all I could ever need in life.

"Yes I understand you want him back Tabi. But you were told to be patient and that it would all take time to be done. You only have five more visits till we bring him back." His eyes showed patience and compassion.

"Okay I will wait." I sat back in realization that since I first went to see him almost a week ago I'd seen him four other times. They were all in short sessions of about two or three hours but I wanted another twenty-four hour visit. According to Dr. Giant the reason I hadn't gotten the full twenty-four hours with him that night was because the machine had started to over heat so they had to pull me. I'd seen Daniel yesterday too but they were making me wait till tomorrow. They tried to do it every other day or two to spread it out nicely. To make sure Daniel had time to process everything nicely.

"Good. Now go get something to eat Tabi. You havent ate all day." He laughed and stood, his stomach growling. "See I need to eat something too."

(Yugoslavia July 27, 2010)
The next day rolled around and I met Dr. Giant in the transporter room and was ready to go before they were ready for me. "You've become eager to go in. More eager as the days go by." He smiled. "Don't forget the task at hand. Convince him to return."

I nodded, "Let's just go." I stepped into the machine as they turned it on and before I knew it I blinked and when I opened my eyes again I was in Daniels apartment. He wasn't here though. I frowned at the empty room and went into the kitchen to find a note. I went out to do some stuff. I'll be home shortly if you get here before I'm back. I turned to get something out of the fridge and there was a woman.

"Hello Tabi." I frowned at the normal looking woman. But she looked vaguely familiar. I racked my brain for all the girls I knew whom were dead but I didn't know anyone who was dead. I mean how could I I'm twenty-five.

Unless, "Mariah?" A big smile grew across her lips.

"Oh yes, I died and came here again." My heart raced, was Daniel okay? "Yes Daniel is fine I just kind of saw this note here and wondered what woman he was leaving a note for. You are here now so I guess it's you." A hint of evil was heard in her voice.

Then the door was being unlocked and in walked Daniel with several bags in his hand and a box. He looked up at us both and shock ran down his face. "Mariah?" His voice was quiet and shocked.

"Oh my Daniel." She went to him and wrapped her arms around him. Until now I hadn't noticed that she was dressed in a dress from the eighteenth century. It was a violet color and had many ripples. He still stood in shock but everything in his hands had dropped and they fell to his sides.

"Daniel." His eyes were locked on mine and I couldn't tear my gaze away. "I missed you." I whispered to him but Mariah wouldn't have it.

"Daniel you still love me right? You missed me didn't you?" She stepped away and got in the line of sight we'd had.

I couldn't see his face anymore, "No. I don't miss you anymore, not after this many years I can't. I got over your death and moved on like you'd asked me to do. I'm with Tabi now." He pushed her to the side and came to me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close. He kissed my forehead lightly and glared at Mariah who huffed and slammed the door.

"There is a ball in four nights. Will you be here to attend it with me?" I frowned. If I was here for twenty-four hours this time then I might not be here for it when the ball came around.

"I'd have to talk to the doctor but I might be able to. Just don't get your hopes up about it okay?" I wrapped my arms around him and held him close. "I miss you every day I'm not with you. Have you decided whether to come home with me or not?"

He wrapped his arms around me completely and I smiled, putting my face in his neck. "I don't know yet. I still have to think about it. I'll make you a deal." He held me out at arms length now. "I will give you an answer the next time you come to see me. I do hope it is the ball though." He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. "I miss you all the time too. How long do you have?"

"Not long. I must plan accordingly. If I'm going to be able to make it to the ball then I won't be able to stay for long. Just a few hours." I put my hands on his shoulders. "Take me out on the town. I want to dance." A newfound fire was in my body and I wanted to party and meet some strange faces.

"Do you really?" Daniel looked at me as if I was different than the girl he'd met all those years ago at college. I nodded enthusiatically. "Okay, let's go. We can go dance with the crazy people or the more formal castle people."

"Let's go formal castle people." Something lit on his face and he laughed.

"Of course you'd pick that. You sure?" I watched his eyes light.

"You decide then. What's more fun." I followed him out of his place and down the stairs to a cab where he mummbled some things and then we took off.

"You'll see." Then he sat back and was quiet the rest of the way.

When we got to a place like appeared to myself as a 'downtown' area I smiled and we passed by several clubs. In my mind I knew that after partying I would have to leave but I could stay for the fun and spend quality time with the love of my life. My only hope and wish anymore was that he would come back to the real world, to me and hopefully remember everything we've done together. Everything we've been through.