Chapter 1

A Little story with a not so happy ending.

A fact about me

[Ethan's POV]

Pain that is all I'm feeling right now.

Nothing else but pain, why you ask? Well that something for me to know and for you to found out.

2 year ago

"......what did you just say?"

"I said that Susan Carlos have a low rate of success on the operation, and will have a 50/50 chance of survival" The doctor said after giving me the result of the test.

"......." Silent was all I hear as I stood there sinking in the word, it was like everything around me has stop. I didn't know how long I was there, maybe an hour? Three hour? Or even a day. I didn't care that over the time people would look at me while some didn't bother at all I couldn't blame them after all this is a hospital, a place to save the ill and a place of death. It was I guess you could say a regular thing at the hospital, I was what you call the victim's family member, but now I'm the victim.

"Ethan are you ok?"

I turn around to see my mother as in Susan. I couldn't find the will to even look at her after all the thing the doctor said, how was I suppose to tell her.

"Yeah mum I'm fine just a little tired, after all that happen these pass week" I said as I gave her a weak smile.

My mum return a guilty look as she look at me, I didn't want her to feel guilty after all it wasn't her fault she was in the hospital. I wanted to tell her it wasn't her fault, but if I was to continue this conversation she would start crying. After a few minute of silent I spoke up and said "Mum I'll be going I have work today."

"Ok get there safe and when I'm out the hospital I'll be sure to start working so you can go to collage" she said giving me a promising look.

"I'll be going now bye mum" I said turning around while walking away quickly before she could say anymore. Before I could proceed out the door I felt myself falling backward hitting the floor.

"Are you alright?"

To my surprise I felt my whole body being pick up by a pair of strong hand. Before I could react to anything going on, I heard the person picking me up say "You're quite light for a boy your age." Just like that I started to feel embarrass, I could have sworn my whole face was red. I didn't know what to say instead I look up to see the face of a breath taking man, he looked about in his mid-twenty with a clean shave face. Hair pitch black that go very well with his dark blue eye and in those eyes I could see a hint of amusement and the moment I saw him smirking I knew I was caught checking him out, red handed. "Don't have to be embarrass I was checking you out too"

He let me down for enough time to maintain myself and cool down. "What your name?" Should I tell him my name I don't even know him he is good looking, wait what am I thinking!? I don't have time for this I'm going to be late.

"Sorry! But I have to go" I say running off without looking back. I probably won't see him again anyway, I hope.