53. The Boston Globe

Summer, Year 5, Month 6

REEVE KELLER AND FRIENDS KICK OFF THE SUMMER THE RIGHT WAY!

LAST CALL MUSIC FESTIVAL AT FENWAY PARK AN OUTSTANDING SUCCESS.

Written and Photographed by: Mia Roberts

Reeve Keller and friends kicked off the summer last night in the biggest way possible. Responsible for shutting down everything within a two-mile radius of Fenway Park, Keller put on the biggest music festival Boston's seen to date. The admission was only $10, but we all know Keller's name alone would have drawn the crowds it did. The low price was merely an added bonus. And! All the proceeds were donated to Boston's Children's Hospital.

Tanner Jacobs of WRQX, a close personal friend of Keller's, interviewed Reeve on his radio show the morning of the show in a last-ditch effort to get the word out about the show, as if the entire city didn't already know of its existence and weren't camped out outside Fenway Park by yesterday evening, rearing to get the best seats possible.

Keller said of the festival, "I love my hometown and these people have given me my career. This felt like the only way I could say thank you. If I'm honest, I have so much gratitude for this city and the opportunities it's given me, I don't ever think I could say thank you enough." As to the reasons behind putting the festival on in the first place, on surprisingly short notice at that, Keller said, "I needed to end here, where it all started. And I wanted to do it on my terms. I didn't want to do another arena show. I've done enough of those here, more than anywhere else. I wanted to play a show for my city and I wanted an event where I could put all my friends who have helped me get here on the bill."

Keller wasn't the only big name of the listing, although she killed it as the closing act, bringing out everyone for one big finale. Alt-rock legends, Faded Relics, were incredible. Boston's own Wild Wallflower smashed it, as usual, lead singer Bobbi King ending their set at the tallest part of the stadium. Newcomer singer/songwriter Gage Sanders (guitarist for Keller's live show) opened the show and gained many a new fan with his smooth vocals and gutting lyrics. It helped that Reeve popped out to join him for a duet they wrote together half-way through.

AND! We were graced with a surprise appearance from 7 Ships lead singer, Tommy Shepherd, who joined Keller to duet her smash-hit, Sinking Ships. The irony was not lost on everyone here at the Globe.

If one thing could be said of Reeve Keller, after such a long and notable career in the music industry, it's that this girl certainly knows how to put on a show.

If I may take the liberty of speaking for Boston, Reeve Keller you will be missed. Thank you for representing our city.

A/N:

You know I had to slip one more GPG reference in. Mia Roberts for the win!