Chapter Nine

I stood outside in the poring rain- a thunder storm, just to feel a little less dead inside. I heard mild echoing in the church ahead of me coming from Dahlia and Maribel.

I learnt today that Maribel is religious. Doesn't mean she's going to heaven... But it means she'll try to get a long with Dahlia, despite her views. I hope it doesn't affect me in anyway either, if Maribel ends up hating me because of this, then I'd rather be well and truly dead than a walking inconvenience.

They exited the church pretty quickly, Maribel drove us back to her house and invited us to stay the night.
Of course I'm going to accept that opportunity, I have no choice.

--

After spending the night at my mums, I awoke in a frantic sweat. The dream! The dream of walking through mirrors leading me to the blood covered room. It keeps reoccurring. This time a man with long grey hair was wiping the blood off the walls. His once clean cloak became filthy with grime and rusty flaked blood. He gave me a weird look, that not anybody could identify and he threw the sponge at me and told me to get to work.
I did, but it wouldn't go away.

I jumped out of the bed, took a shower, had cereal and found myself staring at the mirror above the television when we gathered to watch "Loose Women".
The show isn't bad, their voices are irritating, but the mirror is the real distraction.

"What are you looking at?" Maribel asked in a complaining tone. I click my fingers at the reflective surface.
"Mirror." I mutter.
"what- Why?"
"Dreams of walking through them keep coming back."
"maybe you should have a -" Dahlia began but got cut short.
"It won't work." Maribel interrupted, shaking her head, resisting any sort of open minded idea.

Maribel is different from before. I'm not sure if she was as religious back then...

"C-can I try it?" I whimper.
She shrugged, then pulled the television to its side so I can stand on the surface. Clambering apon it, looking in the mirror. Still skinny. Putting my hand against the glass, I applying pressure every second.
I'm struggling... I push one last time and with a loud sucking sound, my arm was suspended into it.

"He did it!" Dahlia clapped. Maribels jaw dropped in amazement. I can hardly believe I'm doing this- it's not a dream! I let a smile pour across my face I'm pride, keep pushing until my whole arm is gone.
"Don't leave us." Maribel said sadly.
"I won't, look, I can pull it out. I'm gonna go all the way through, I'll see you in a while." I finished, biting my lip... Pulling the skin from it, automatically in a habit form.

Then I took my first steps...