Chapter Five

Amari Harper

Nicki Minaj song Fellin Myself blared through my speakers as Drea and I drove towards the mall. Drea's birthday was in a couple of weeks and we needed to find her something hot for her to wear. It was going to be her twenty third birthday bash and since she didn't have the time or money to have one for her twenty first or twenty second so that's why she's doing it this year. She was having it at a club called Spades but before that started she was inviting her close freinds and family to have dinner and then ride to the bash with her almost like V.I.P or something. Not only did we have to find her something but we needed to fnd me something also. I turned the corner when I got a call back from Dwayne. I called him before we left to tell him that I found his watch out in the parking lot and I was going to drop it off to him but he never answered so I said forget it. I didn't answer because I was driving and I didn't want to risk getting pulled over so I made a mental note to call him back.

"Who's that bae?" Drea joked as she picked my phone up and looked at the missed call

I smirked and rolled my eyes "Drea get your little life he's not bae"

"Mmhm whatever you say" We rode in silence for a while "He can come"

I glanced over at her with a confused look on my face "Come where..What are you talking about?"

"I mean he can come to my birthday bash including the dinner part considering your about the only one without a date. I have to tell Eri'Anna that we've found you a date and that she doesn't have to hook you up with one of her cousins anymore" What? This is the first I'm hearing about all of this stuff which has to do with me.

I wanted to give her that look but I was driving and she better be lucky too "What? She was going to hook me up with one of her cousins for the bash? How come I haven't heard anything about this until now?" We stopped at a red light and I picked up the phone and texted Dwayne and told him about the watch and then I looked at Drea who hadn't said anything "Helloooo Drea"

"Oh because we were going to introduce you to when Eri'Anna has her baby shower which is next week and hopefully you two would've hit it off well and I would've invited him to the bash and then you two would've been together. That was the plan and if that didn't work Jasmine was going to hook you up with her step brother but since you have a bae now we can cancle all of that" Damn they just planned my whole damn life.

I shook my head as I eased off the gas and eased on to the gas. About fifteen minutes later we arrived at the mall and the first store we went into was a store called Riches To Gold. It was a party clothes store I guess you can call it. It had club dress on down to prom dresses. Drea found a one like the dress Beyonce wore to the Emmy's same color and all. She felt like she was doing something getting that dress. She tried it on and then decided that she wanted to do a outfit changeand she wanted the dress to be royal or saphirre blue. So we began to look for a dark bllue tight fitting dress. I rememebered how much I hated shopping with her and why I rarely did it. Drea was a picky ass person and everything you picked out she didn't like. She would ask you for your opinion and then go against what you said.

"What about his one?" I held up a royal blue dress that had the sides out which would cause major side boob action this was Drea's kind of dress she had to like it

"That's cute!" She took it from me and held it up to her body as she looked at herself in the mirror

"Just go try it on" I said as I sat down on the little plush bench they had "Show me when you have it on so I can see what it looks like" As I sat and waited I replyed to the text message that my mom had sent me.