Chapter Eight

Amari Harper

"Beautiful.....Amari wake up"

I woke up to a shirtless Dwayne and a pool of slober damn this is embarrassing "I'm so sorry about that"

"You good it doesn't make you less beautiful. Now get up take a shower and when your done come to the kitchen and I'll fix your plate" He began to walk out the room.

"Fix my plate? You cooked me breakfast?"

He smiled his perfect smile "Naw I cooked us breakfast...Now hurry up before our food gets cold" I smiled and grabbed my clothes and towel that he sat sitting at the foot of the bed. The guest room had it's own little bathroom and that's where I found my toothbrush. I took me a quick shower because I didn't want to over do it and have a his bill higher than it needed to be. I plaved my hair in a messy bun, grabbed my phone and headed to the kitchen "You good?"

"Yeah thanks"

"Yo you ain't gotta keep thanking me" He placed the plate of good smelling food in front of me "Doing things for you isn't any trouble" She sure did know to make a girl cheeks burn.

"Thanks" I said out of habbit

"Amari.."

I looked up from my food "Yeah?"

"Stop thanking me.."

"Why when I'm thankful for what you do?"

He stood and looked me in the eyes "Cause your supposed to be treated this way I should be telling you thank you for allowing me to be in the presence of such a beautiful person" Our faces were so close that any sudden movement should cause our lips to touch.

"And what makes you think that I'm not feeling the same way about you?"

"Maybe the fact that were this close and you haven't tries to kiss me yet"

My brow raised "Means nothing except the fact that I can control myself..Can you?"

"Trust me it's very hard" He smiled and so did I "Hurry and finish your food before it gets cold and nasty" He backed away from my face and looked at his now ringing phone "Sorry I gotta take this call" I tried not to ease drop on his call but I couldn't help myself "Ight I gotchu I have company right now so I'll handle it later...Yes...That doesn't concern you....No! No I said I gochu so just hang on for a little bit....Okay bye"

Dwayne walked back in "Things okay?"

"Yeah just an impatient client but you better get going you starting to cut it close"

I looked at the time "Yeah...Thanks again"

I placed my purse on my shoulder as he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. He softly kissed my lips which made me smile against his, but before it could get any deeper he pulled from the kiss leaving me a little disappointed "Naw thank you
...Have a good day I'll call you later on"

"Okay" And before I left out the door he pecked my lios once more making me sure that o was going to have a good day. I got into my car as before I could start it up Drea's name and number spread across my screen "Hello"

"Well hello where are you?"

I scrunched my brows together "What you mean? I'm going home to get dressed then going to class. What are you doing?"

"Waiting to take this damn test that your about to miss!"

Shit I forgot class started early today "Shit"

"Shit is right...Yo light skinned self better get here before he closes the door on you"

I sighed "Okay I'm on my way" I started my car and sped to the school. I was there within twenty minutes and made it right as he was about to close the door and start the test "Wait wait wait wait wait" My breath was no longer with me.