Prologue

Third Person:

It was a quiet, lazy day for the recruits in the Rescue Bot Academy. Nothing interesting was happening. No rescues, no problems, no classes, just boredom.

"Ugh! There's nothing to do!!!" Hotshot complained, fiddling with his cube. Wedge, who was sitting right next to him sighed.

"Never thought I'd say this, but even the Heroes of Cybertron show is getting a bit boring."

"Wow! I never thought I'd ever hear wedge say that!" Whirl said in disbelief.

"I know I know. But there's like, nothing to do." Wedge said, turning the holo screen off.

"Why don't we go do a sim or something?" Hoist recommended to the others.

"We already completed all the sims though." Medix cut in.

"Medix!" The other four groaned.

"Sorry." Medix said, rolling his eyes. Suddenly, Heatwave walked into the lounge.

"Recruits. Get ready for your very first solo space mission." At the sound of a brand new mission, the five recruits jump up and cheer with excitement.

"Where are we going sir?!?"

"What's the mission teach?!?"

"What do we need to pack?!?"

"Will it be dangerous?!?!?"

"Are we gonna take the sigma?" The recruits were spitting out questions faster than blurr's speed record. Heatwave raised his hand and the recruits silenced themselves.

"You five will be going to Catalyst. There are energon readings on that planet. And you guys will be going to check it out. If there are indeed energon crystals there, then you guys will retrieve the energon."

"Yes sir!" And with that the recruits ran off. But Wedge stopped and turned back around.

"Are we taking the sigma?" Heatwave shook his head.

"You will not be taking the Sigma." This confused wedge. For the sigma was the only spaceship that he knew of.

"If we're not gonna take the sigma, then how are we gonna get to Calist?"

"That's a surprise." Heatwave chuckled. "Just go help the others pack. Then we'll show you at the launch pad."

"Ok I guess..." and with that, wedge followed his friends into the lab.

(Time Skip)

"Alright. Do we have everything?" Medix asked, looking through some of the crates of supplies.

"I got everything I need." Hotshot said, patting the bag he had slung on his shoulder. Medix arched a brow and looked in his pack. Inside, was a book(surprisingly), his cube, and his phone. Medix facepalmed.

"Hotshot. I doubt that your phone will work in space." Hotshot sighed and took his phone out. Medix then went to whirl. Inside her bag was a stuffed panda, a photo of her and hoist, some stickers, a sketch pad and some pencils.

"Why-"

"Don't ask. Primus knows how long we'll be gone. I need entertainment." Medix shrugged and moved on.

"Hoist. Your bag please." Hoist nodded and opened his bag. Inside, we're a few pieces of scrap metal and some tools.

"Is that all?" Hoist nodded again.

"I didn't really need much. But like whirl said. I need some sort of entertainment." Medix shrugged and moved to wedge's bag. Wedge opened it up and showed Medix what was inside. He had his "Heroes of Cybertron" deck, and a few small, hand held dumbbells.