Chapter 5:Uncles and auntie

"Get back to the academy now!!"

"Prepare the med bay!!"

"Keep him stable!!" Those were the first words StarBeat heard when he awoke from his nap. He also heard a lot of footsteps and something that sounded like dragging? He opened his eyes to see that he was on a cot. But his father was nowhere in sight.

"P-papa..?" He whimpered. The other bots looked over at the youngling. Fear and shock ran over their faces. Whirl went up to the youngling and took him in her arms.

"Papa is.... busy right now. You'll have to stay with auntie Whirl instead." Whirl said. StarBeat fussed. He did not want Whirl. He wanted to be with his father.

"Papa! I go papa!" He demanded. Whirl pulled her lips tightly. She didn't know what to say to the youngling.

"You can't Star..."

"No!! Me go papa!! Papa!!!" He screamed. He was squirming and trying to escape Whirl's grip. But she wasn't going to let up so easily. Hotshot then walked over.

"Hey, little man.." Star looked up at him. He reached for Hotshot, hoping that he would help him find his father. Hotshot took the child and held him in one arm. Star leaned on Hotshot and whimpered.

"Where papa..? I go papa.." StarBeat pleaded. Hotshot sighed and whispered.

"Papa is bu-"

"No!! I go papa!!!" Star screamed once again. Hotshot looked back at Medix. Medix shook his head. Hotshot sighed and left the room with the child.

"Hotshot!! You can't!!" Medix called.

"I have to Medix! The kid is practically lost without wedge!" Hotshot said, walking towards the med bay. The remaining three recruits ran after the sports bot. Trying to reason with him. But hotshot ignored them. He was going to take the kid to his father. And he'd be damned if he was stopped. Soon upon arrival at the med bay, Medix tried to stop Hotshot from entering.

"Hotshot, please! Think about the mental damage that could happen if he sees his "parents" in such conditions!!" Medix reasoned.

"And what if he never gets to see them again Medix?!? He should be with them every second he gets!" Hotshot shouted.

"Hotshot please calm down," Whirl said, restoring a hand on his shoulder. "You're scaring StarBeat."

"Ok ok. Just let me go in Medix." Medix stood there. Contemplating whether he should allow him in or not. He finally caved in.

"Fine," Medix muttered, moving aside. Hotshot nosed once and entered the med bay. StarBeat stared at the sights before him. His eyes widened in terror. His mother was missing some limbs and was slightly bleeding. Parts of her armor had been torn away and wires were exposed. Wedge on the other hand was dented everywhere. He was pretty beat and torn. He was bleeding a lot more than his mother. Ratchet and Blades were working hard to keep wedge stable and online.

"P-papa..... M-mommy....?" StarBeat barely breathed out. He was shaking in hotshot's arms. Tears began to flow down his cheeks. He cried for his parents. Blades and Ratchet looked up from their work.

"Hotshot?! What are you doing?!?" Ratchet demanded.

"What are you thinking?!? You can't just walk in!! And with the youngling for that matter!!" Blades exclaimed.

"With all due respect, the kid should be with his parents before he never will again," Hotshot said, his voice breaking a little bit. The two medics took a glance at each other.

"Hotshot, they're not going to die. We'll make sure of that." Ratchet assured the teen. Hotshot drew a breath.

"You can never be sure." He muttered.