Chapter 11

"Jay what are you doing here?" I said as I walked towards him and pushed him out of he house.

"Avory what are you doing let the lad in," my dad said I'm a fake caring tome

"Avory come with me," he said as he held my hand but I refused.

"Go home Jay," I said sternly but he didn't budge.

"I've got this go home," I said with a smile. He took a while but he finally nodded and walked back home.

"Who was that?" My dad asked curiously.

"Just a neighbour," I replied. He laughed and smiled.

"Well I'm not in the mood anymore so goodnight my little girl," he said as he shoved me to the side and closed the door, leaving me alone in the house. I cleaned up a little bit and ate something before I texted Jay telling him I was okay. But Jay ended up calling.

"Hey are you okay?" He asked me frantically.

"Yes I am okay don't worry," I said as I opened the fridge and took out some leftover fruit salad.

"Do you want me to come over?" He asked as I got a fork, closed the fridge and began to eat the sweet watermelon and cantaloupe.

"No it's okay I'm gonna visit my mom anyway," I said with a mouth full of succulent fruit.

"Okay, are you sure?" He asked again. I laughed and put my hair in a messy bun.

"Yes I'm sure but thank you and I'll call you if I need anything," I said before I said goodbye and hung up. I placed my phone down on the marble counter and finished the large portion of salad before I chucked on a black sweater, got my car keys and made my way to the my car with 3 vanilla flavoured up&go's and my shoulder bag which contained my phone, gum and a pair of jeans, a floral t-shirt and a pair of sandals for my mom. Before I drove off, I saw Jay running to my car in the pouring rain.

"Jay what the heck are you doing you'll get a cold!" I yelled after rolling my window down but all he did was pass me a small little box, smile and run back into his house with his shirt pulled over his head. I let out a confused laugh, rolled up my window and look in the box. I gasped with joy when I saw a gorgeous diamond tongue piercing sitting there. I looked behind me and saw Jay standing there, waiting for me to turn around and as soon as he saw me, he smiled and walked inside. I took my plain old silver one out and put my new one in before I drove off to the hospital.

As soon as I arrived, I saw the same guy I yelled at previously and smiled.

"Hey Kevin," I said with a smile and as soon as he saw me, he smiled too.

"Avory!" He said sweetly.

"How are you?" He asked me as I smiled and laughed.

"Yea yea I'm good, what about you?" I asked as he smiled politely.

"Yea I'm great it good to see you again," he said.

"You are truly a really awesome guy," I said and he smiled.

"Naw you're making me me blush," he said.

"Here, take my number so we can be friends! With this job, I never get to meet anyone, friendship and love wise," he told as I quickly pulled my phone back.

"Oh I'm not interested in a love situatio-" I began but Kevin laughed.

"Oh no no doll don't worry I'm not into, woman of you no what I mean," he said kindly.

"Oh! Oh sorry I'm so sorry," I said with a laugh as I passed him my phone and he placed his number in and took a selfie as his contact photo.

"Anyway," he said with a laugh.

"Are you here to see your mother?" He asked me and I nodded with a small smile.

"She is doing so much better I must say," he said as he typed quickly into the computer and told me where I could fine her, seeing as I had forgotten.

"34," he told me with a smile as I nodded and walked through the halls then walking into my mothers assigned room.

"Sweetheart!" She said happily as she placed down the magazine she was reading and looked over at me. I smiled and walked to my mother who embraced me with a hug.

"How are you mom?" I asked as I placed the chair next to my moms bed and sat down.

"Yea I'm good how are you?" She asked me with a smile. She looked good, healthy except her roots were showing.

"Yea good, I think we should go to the hairdresser okay?" I told her as I let out a laugh and she picked up her phone to look at her hair through the camera.

"Oh damn okay yes we should," she agreed. We spoke and laughed for a while until half and hour passed. I passed my mom the clothes I brought her and the nurse helped her get out the bed and changed.

"Avory?" The doctor said. I smiled politely as I walked to the gentleman with a receding hairline.

"Yes?" I asked as he looked down at his paper on his blue clipboard.

"There is a situation with your mother is just like to tell you," the doctor said. I raised an eyebrow and nodded as the doctor started talking again.

"While we were running tests on your mother, we noticed something, different about your mothers heart," he said.

"Different, doctor?" I asked and he nodded as he scratched his head.

"She has a little heart problem," he said. As soon as he said this my own heart dropped to the floor and I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.

"Nothing major! Nothing at all, she knows and there are just a few things she has to avoid and change in her environment," he said kindly as I nodded still trying to wrap my brain around everything.

"This is just a situation of a weaker heart, so her environment has to have very little dust and she cannot eat fatty or oily foods, she can't be exposed to a lot of stress and she just keep fit. Are any of those a problem?" The doctor asked me but I shook my head as I looked up at his brown eyes. He passed me the list of things he has just told me and walked off as my mother came walking towards me cheerfully.

"Mom-" I began but she cut me off.

"Avory stop, it's just a weak heart nothing major. Now don't treat me like a child or an extremely old person! Got it missy?" She told me with a smile creeping across her face. I laughed and nodded as I threw my hands in the air innocently. We walked to my car and both had an up and go before going to the hairdresser and getting my moms hair done. She decided she was going to try just plain brown for a change.

Are you sure you don't want anything?" She asked me and I nodded but once the woman at the counter mentioned dip-dying, I had to get it done.

"Lighter or darker?" The hairdresser asked me as she draped me in a shimmering black cloak.

"Lighter," I said with a smile. At that moment I forgot very thing bad in my life and it was just as life was before all the other rubbish entered. Once we were done and we both had blow-dried hair, we went home after stopping and getting Subway seeing as it was healthy. My mom decided we should get Jay some seeing as his parents wouldn't be home for a few more weeks so we got him too. I walked to his house after we got home and was shocked to see his front door open. He never left it open. I slowly walked in, seeing shattered and bloody glass everywhere and Jay lying on the floor all bloody and bruised. I ran to him and cradled his head in my hands as he opened his weary and bloody eyes.

"Avory," he said in a whisper before drifting back to sleep I assumed. I whipped my phone out and dialled 911. While I waited, I cried my eyes out as I held Jays head on my lap and begged for him to live.