Chapter 5

"What?" I asked quietly.

"I'm breaking up with you Avory, we are done," he said sternly.

"Cole no please, babe it's just cause of the argument and-" I tried to tell him he interrupted.

"No! Avory we are done. Goodbye," he said before hanging up the phone. I stood there for a few moment before I dropped my phone and began to cry. I couldn't stop myself from crying.
Cole was the one I thought I would be with forever. He was amazing and he treated me right and now I'd lost him. Jay jumped up and pulled me into a hug as we sat down in the couch.

"Avory what happened?" He asked me as I buried my head in shirt grey hoodie. My tears soaked his jumpers but he didn't seem to mind. He stroked my head gently and waited for me to talk.

"He-he broke up with me," I said through heavy sobs. Jay hugged me even tighter as I bawled my eyes out. I just lost the man I loved.

I woke up in my bed in the same clothes I wore the previous night. I opened my puffy eyes and saw Jay asleep on the white armchair.

"Hi," I said softly in my croaky voice which felt as though I had 1000 needles lodged in my throat. Jay opened his brown eyes and looked over at me before standing up and walking towards me.

"You okay?" He asked me as he stared into my blue-grey eyes with care.

"Yea," I said softly. Before getting up and tying my hair in a lazy bun and wiping my face with my hands to get rid of the dried tears.

"You sure? I can stay with you if you want?" He told me but I smiled weakly and looked out the window.

"Jay, thank you for everything but I want to be alone right now," i replied softly. He nodded and walked out the house. As soon as he left, I started crying again. I picked up my phone and quickly called Beth but it went to voicemail straight away. Odd.

"Hey Beth um can you please call me, or come over, I need to talk to you," I said before pressing end. I decided to drive to Beth's. I needed my best friend. As soon as I Arrived at her house and knocked on the door.

"Hey, Avory..not the best time," she told me. I looked past her and saw Jensen standing behind her.

"Oh, I'm sorry Beth but, I really need you," I told her. She but her lip and looked over at Jensen before walking to him and kissing him.

"Come in just give me a few seconds to say bye," she said in a sad tone. She walked to the door and kissed Jensen passionately before closing the door as sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't know he was here," I said softly as Beth shook her head and smiled.

"It's okay breathe," she said with a laugh.

"What's wrong?" She asked me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Last night Cole broke up with me," I admitted as i clenched my jaw to stop tears from rolling down my pale cheeks. Beth placed her tanned hand over her mouth.

"Did you slap him?" She asked as I shook my head.

"He didn't over the phone," I told her as Beth raised an eyebrow. We spoke about him for a while. She told me if she ever sees him she is going to break him limbs off and feed it to him. It was about 6 when Beth finally let me leave. She was amazing and she wouldn't let me do anything stupid. I drove home to find a wrecked white Mazda in our driveway. I opened the door and took my jumper off so I was wearing my white "7/11" t shirt.

"Mom there a car par-" I started when I stopped in my tracks as soon as I saw my mom, in tears next to my dad.

"Mom what's going on?" I asked as I put my hand in my pocket, reaching for my phone.

"Awful manners young lady, say hello to dad," he said as he let go of my mother and walked towards me, grabbing my by my hair. How the hell was this happening. My father has come back after 3 years. Why? I threw my to a chair and made me sit down and my mother sat down next to me. He looked high and drunk and he honestly looked awful.

"Hello my beautiful family!" He said loudly with a big scary smile.

"I know I've been gone but I'm here! And we can be a family again! I can't stay but I thought I'd tell you, I'm back," he said as he grabbed my moms face and kissed her. A tear fell down we face and I had never seen her this distraught. He stood up and went to the door but I stopped him.

"We don't want you here!" I yelled as he stopped in his tracks and walked towards me.

"Well too bad darling I'm here," he said in a sinister voice as he right hooked me across the face, causing me to pummel to the cold wooden floor. But he didn't stop there. He kicked my ribs 3 times before my mom screamed and he left the house in an angry manner. My mother rushed to me and crawled my head on her lap while we sat there on the living room floor, crying.

'Hello, sorry I am unavailable at the moment but leave a message and I'll call you back!' my voicemail went.

"Avory? Where are you? You aren't at school! I know everything with Cole is getting to you but come on he was just a guy. Please text me or something, bye." I threw my phone after listening to Beth's voicemail. Cole was not just a guy he was the guy I loved. I stood up slowly as I held my ribs. After being kicked by my so called 'father', I had an enormous purple and blue bruise covering my ribs on my right side. I took 3 panadol and had some water before going down to my mom who was sitting at the wooden table with her hands covering her face.

"Mom?" I said as she jumped in fight but relaxed when she saw me. I sat next to her and placed my hand over her shaky one.

"Mom, we have to tell the police," I said in a whisper but my mm shook her head in disagreement. I stared out the window at the fiercely blowing trees and signed.

"Yes mom we have to tell them," I said but my mom started crying.

"Avory, we can't tell the police sweetheart," she said. I furrowed my eyebrows and stared into her sad eyes.

"Why?" I whispered. She looked up at me and wiped away her tears.

"Because your father is a violent man Avory, and if we tell the police and if he goes to jail, he has men who will kill us both," she said. My heart sunk even further than it already has. What was happening to my life? I nodded trying to stay strong as I walked upstairs and looked at myself in my bathroom mirror. I looked horrible. My hair was beginning to go dead and lifeless, I was pale seeing as I haven't had a decent meal in 2 days, I was tired and lightheaded. I hated my life and I hated myself. I punched my mirror and screamed as the glass shattered and fell onto the floor. I stormed into my room and threw everything around while tears streamed down my face and wouldn't stop. I stopped and looked at my now destroyed room. I looked down at my feet and saw a pair of scissors laying there. So much was going on in my brain. I wanted it to shut up. I picked up the scissors and saw myself in the reflection. My eyes were puffy and red from crying and that was when I made the worst decision. I self harmed.