Chapter 1

As the non-popular teenage girl in high school, I avoid social situations as best as I can. I pretty much only spend time with my best friend Bethan, Beth for short and my boyfriend, Cole.

My name is Avory Sean. I go to school in the most unknown school in Lawrence Kansas, L.K High or L.K.H.S as some people refer to it. It's the first day of the year and I cannot be stuffed. I walked into the dull schools property and sat on the white seat where Beth and I always meet each other. I placed my leather messenger bag down in the damp grass and took a sip of my hot coffee from my blue mug. The cool wind blew through my thick hair and I could smell the timber and fresh leaves. After 10 minutes at 7:50, Beth arrived in her red plaid shirt, black leggings and her black high top converse. Her long brown hair was braided to the side and she wore her black necklace I gave we for Christmas.

"Hey bitch," she laughed as she gave me a hug.

"Hey asshole," I replied with a laugh as she took my cup and took a large gulp of my coffee.

"You ready to face the high school life once again my friend?" She asked me as she stared dramatically at the groups of people in front f the school.

"Be strong my friend, just this year and one more and we are done," I assured her as we both laughed. We decided to walk inside and check the piece of paper hanging on the door. I pushed through the crowd of populars and checked year 11 locked placed. I placed my forefinger on the paper and slid my black painted nail down the paper till I reached my name. Locker 27. I looked for Beth's and hers was locker 34. I pushed out the semi circle of teenagers and fixed my now messy loose blonde curls.

"You 34 I'm 27," I stated as we began to walk to our assigned lockers. The pale green coloured lockers hadn't changed at all. I put my bag in my locker and felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Hey beautiful," Cole said as I turned and gave him a kiss.

"Hi there," I whispered as I looked into his green eyes. He was by far one of the best looking guys in school and ever girl wanted him, I honestly don't know why he chose me.

"How are you?" He asked as we walked down the hall together to his locker. His dirty blonde hair looked soft and very fabulous.

"Yea good, holidays were good, what about you?" I asked as we watched multiple people walk past us. Our school didn't really have groups of specific people like in the clichè movies, you were either popular, a wanna-be popular or someone who didn't care. Cole, Beth and I belonged to the didn't care category.

"Yea alright," he said blankly. I raised an eyebrow and looked up at him.

"What happened?" I asked curiously as his eyes looked straight ahead.

"Just, you an that Ryan guy again," he said. I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh. Cole had always, always been jealous of guys especially Ryan seeing as I had a crush on him before we started dating.

"Come on really, first day of school and you bring this up?" I asked as he let out a breath.

"You know what never mind," he said as he walked to his locker and left me behind. I but my tongue, accidentally biting my tongue piercing and walked back to Belle before I said something stupid.

"Geez I honestly feel like pulling my arms off now," I sighed as I pulled my schedule out from my locker. Belle shut hers and stared at me.

"Ryan?" She asked as I nodded with annoyance.

"The prick," she mumbled which made me laugh. The bell rang and we walked to our classes, Belle had double Health and I had double Physics. Mr Don was my teacher and luckily he was my favourite teacher. He didn't have favourites and he didn't teach easy things, he treated everyone fairly and actually taught us things.