Chapter4: The unexplained dream

Nearly an hour had past and Lilian already began drifting off to sleep out of udder boredom. as she slept a rainfall began, first coming down as a sprinkle then it progressively became heavier. the sound of the rain soothing and relaxing to the ears putting Lilian into a deep sleep.
When Lilian opened her eyes she found her self submerged in the Centre of a boisterous ballroom. Blithesome music echoed in her ears and the joyful people surrounding her twirled ,sauntered and giggled locking her in with no exit to be seen.Lilian cocked her head around slowly studying all the aspects of the room when something intriguing caught her eye which sent a piercing sensation into her heart. A man was staring straight at her with startling yet kind emerald eyes. He appeared concerned and frantic for her safely as people just barely avoided her and whizzed past continuing on with there graceful waltz. Stealthily Lilian weaved herself through the swaying crowd toward him avoiding several couples along the way. His handsome features became more vivid to her as she approached the stranger. The man held his gaze on her never taking his sparkling eyes from her as though he was terrified she would vanish at any moment. He seemed so familiar to Lilian yet so mysterious at the same time. His jet black hair made him appear pale in the rooms fluorescent lights. When she Finally reached him he imminently spoke his voice warm and caring towards her "miss.Laustson you mustn't worry me like that!"he said in a shaky voice "now where's your mother we need to find her". Who did this man think he was Lilian thought to her self "sir I'm afraid we have never been acquainted before this moment and i am unsure why my or my mothers presence is any of your concern".
A violent shake woke Lilian from her deep sleep before the stranger could respond to her. the coach mans soaked head popped through the top of the window startling Lilian. "I'm afraid were stuck ma'am ,deep In the mud and I will need assistance to get the carriage out" his expression looked more frustrated than Lilian felt, she was more concerned than angry. "It is quite alright sire I will walk a little ways and try to find shelter and I will retrieve you if I do" she spoke patiently to him for she knew he was bubbling with impatience inside "as much as i would sincerely appreciate that ma'am I'm afraid I promised your father not to do so much as to let you out of my sight at any time or put you in any danger, we will have to leave the carriage unattended while we search for assistance". Lilian knew how protective her father was and how she should have expected as much from him so she kept her mouth shut and didn't retaliate against her fathers command. Lilian opened the carriage door only to find that there was no chance of her exiting the carriage without her legs being coated up to her knees with squishy brown mud and every square inch of the rest of her body being soaked through "well it's now or never " she whisper to herself as she jumped out and as soon as she did she began to sink down into the thick cool muck. The mud sucked at her legs making it extremely difficult to get any where. Slowly but surly she made her way toward the horses that the coach man had detached and took to the side of the road where the ground was firm and grassy. She had almost successfully made it half way there when her right leg would not budge and she plunged forward face first into the mud.
Slowly Lilian raised her face from its decrepit state revealing an agitated expression. yanking and tugging her leg out she then decided it would be smarter to crawl to insure that it wouldn't happen again after all she was already filthy and it didn't much matter to her how eccentric and furious she looked since the coach man and the horses were the only watching and as far as she was concerned they would be souls of discretion if wanted to live to see another day. When she reached the firm ground Lilian stood straight up and put on a a smirk of pride as wiped her Mucky hair out of her face with her forearm. "now that wasn't so horrible was it miss.laustson" the coach man said with a smart aleck tone as he helped Lilian mount by giving her a leg up onto the enormous black Belgium. "it wasn't as nearly as horrendous as it will be for you if you tell a single soul about this little misadventure am I clear sir!" Lilian spoke in a deathly seriousness tone and fire in her eyes giving the pour man a nervous chill yet he showed no sign of it in his expression. "Not to worry ma'am I am as silent as a rock" he spoke as he struggle to pull himself onto his own horse "the words muddy miss.Laustson will never leave my tongue besides it's not in my job description to embarrass my responsibility". They then began trotting along side the road as they did the kept to themselves only to be entertained by daydreaming of warmth,dry clothes and food until a house came into view in the distance then they rejoiced out loud together thanking The Lord for finally finding a place on this endless road "I pray that the people would be gracious enough to let us stay" Lilian had a shiver in her voice "and I pray that someone living there will help me with the wagon other wise I will have to retrieve help from far away delaying our journey by quite a bit".As the got closer the house Lilian found that the details where extremely familiar to her from the tall flower vines lining the yellow walls and the large blue door right down to the golden knocker taking this all in made her have a huge déjà vu moment. Making there way up the path they said one last prayer before they stopped in front of the house and dismounted there horses mr.Felswick (the coach man) held the horses while Lilian walked up the steps and grasped the golden lion shaped knocker and rapped on the door three times. Lilian stood for a moment when there was no response she reached for the door and as she was about to knock once more The door creaked open.