Chapter 6: Forever a mystery man.

The morning sun shone brightly through Lilians widow pane and warmly kissed her face, but by that time she had been awake for hours. Time couldn't have past fast enough that morning partly because of the excitement that shot through her veins due to the though of being reacquainted with a childhood friend ,But mostly she arose early because a fresh dream aroused her from her slumber and it haunted and swirled through her mind the moment she awoke it was of a familiar frantic young boy. The vivid scene repeated and replayed over and over in her mind.

..."MOTHER"! A hysterical voice screeched shortly followed by heaving sobs. Lilian found herself on a gently rocking row boat in the middle of a deep blue lake the sky above her swarmed with gargantuan gray clouds with the sun no where in site. Peering across the boat she observed the source of the noise a small dark haired boy was shaking vigorously and was soaked through. Alarmed by the boys cry Lilian crawled over to comfort and question him. "What is the reason of your utmost distress?dear child what incident has occurred?" After speaking this Lilian noticed the boys weary gaze wonder to something behind her and fear glazed over his eyes before his eyes darkened once more and he returned to weeping. Lilian hesitated before she slowly rotated her body in the direction his stair had pierced. The site sent Icy chills down her spine the kind the make your hairs stand on end and make it near impossible to escape dread and fear. Two black cloaks floated atop the waters freezing surface, the experience startled Lilian enough to awaken her and made her continue to tremble and shake with anxiety. When she finally composed herself Lilian kneeled at her bedside planted her face on the blanket and prayed a prayer of comfort "dear Heavenly Father" she breathed deeply "I do not know if there is a message you meant for me to learn from this wretched nightmare but I ask if I have angered you that you would forgive me and revoke the fear that stirs within my soul". As she finished her prayer a faint memory flashed through her mind forcing the fear to flee her as though it had never dwelled within her. It was a pleasant memory though distant. So beautiful yet something she had forgotten long ago, a memory she stored deep inside which she immediately felt guilty for, as though she was ashamed she had not kept it close enough to heart.

The memory was of a dainty lady and it danced in Lillian's mind, the women's face flourished with soft and gentle features and she contained a voice that was coaxing and sweet like honey. she sung to Lillian like and angel bringing calmness over her. Lilian replayed it repeatedly in her mind before she realized that it was her own mother. The memory was short but immensely encouraging in comfort. She finally understood what was being showed to her and a peace washed over her soul she lay still on the floor and imagined herself back home next to her favorite tree. A light rap on the door broke her out of the daydreaming and she peeled herself off the floor and rose smoothly to answer it. Behind the large door stood A short ,stout ,Rosie cheeked women whom wore a cheery expression. after an awkward moment of silence she curtsied and introduced herself "pardon me miss...I am Gloria" she spoke steadily with strong German accent "Mrs.Fostas has sent me to prepare you for breakfast with her and her soon to arrive guests. She has urged me to make haste for they shall arrive shortly". The round women proceeded into the room and motioned for Lilian to be seated beside the vanity mirror. When Lilian did so she observed as the women opened the varnished oak wardrobe and tugged out a dapper sapphire blue dress. "Mrs.Fostas has requested you wear this for your morning attire" a gasp escaped Lilian's lips it was the most divine gown shed ever seen and she said so " OH GLORIA!" She exclaimed as she gaped at its beauty "This dress is most marvelous , ...unfortunately I dare not wear it I am sure to soil it within the hour I am quite reckless". "ze dress you arrived in is still damp and mrs.fostas vill have it no other vay she insists" Gloria said as she forced the dress into Lilian's arms "no please I couldn't I will simply have to suffer in the soaked one" Lilian then forced it back into Gloria's arms. After a round of bickering and hot potato with the dress Mrs.Fotas burst into the room "I had a feeling you'd be stubborn, dear you must put it on breakfast is ready to be served and we are only moments away from my companies arrival". Lilian exhaled a spirited huff, she then yanked the dress out of Gloria's hands and proceeded to remove her night gown."Alright alright i will put it on but if i ruin it you may only hold your selves responsible" Lillian exclaimed there was something about the context in which Tamila explained things and the motherly figure she portrayed that made it rather difficult for Lilian to argue with her. After encouraging Lillian to hurry Mrs.Fostas scrambled out the door anxious for her guests to arrive she peeked out the window in time to see their coach entering the gate. "So much to do so little time" she mumbled to herself while skittering down the stairs toward the kitchen.
Several minutes after Tamila began lecturing the maids about setting the table she heard a loud knock at the door. Scrambling to answer it she yanked the door open with no hesitation and it swung open only to reveal...