Personalized Insomnia.

by: Clara Cecilia Cordero

Once every now and then I close the door and lay in bed; with the night Suns low, the shadows grow making us unsure of what we shall become. I close my eyes and stay all stiff seeing nothing but feeling it absolutely all. I breath in and out creating a sequence of numbers and words, but yet breathlessly nothing.

I open my left eye look up and down close it and followed over again by the other one. Just making sure the other does not lie. I breath in and out creating a sequence of numbers and words, but yet breathlessly nothing.
I move every finger one after the other tapping the mattress in which I lay. The rest of my body's let be still but I breath in an out creating a sequence of numbers and words, but yet breathlessly nothing. I open my left eye, look up and down close it and followed over again by the other one. Just making sure the other does not lie. I move every finger one after the other tapping the mattress in which I lay. The rest of my body I let be still.

I start to feel heavy, I don't know if I'd rest, but all of the sudden I'm not in my bed.
This place is so pretty, so open so fresh. The greens are so filled with laughter and cheer, the blues seen so light yet vest quite a contrast. The yellows, the pinks the blood stained dress and the knife that lay in my hands. I jump in my bed, calming myself.

I breath in and out creating a sequence of number and words, but yet breathlessly nothing. I open my left eye, look up and down, close it and followed over again by the other one. Just making sure the other does not lie. I move every finger one after the other tapping the mattress where I lay. The rest of my body I let be still; but yet again I start to feel heavy I don't know if I'd rest, but all of the sudden I'm not in my bed.

This place I don't like, but know it by hear, the grays are so saddening but enchanting as well; the smell of the wood fulfills all my lungs making me wonder if I'm on my room. The velvety liquid that runs down her neck makes me so happy and also so scared. I jump in my bed calming myself.

I breath in and out creating a sequence of numbers and words, but yet breathlessly nothing. I open my left eye look up and down, close it and followed over again by the other one. Just making sure the other one does not lie. I move every finger one after the other tapping the mattress where I lay. The rest of my body I let be still, but yet again I start to feel heavy I don't know if I'd rest. But all of the sudden I'm not in my bed.

Another night visit to a well know place. Sure if my movements sure I would kill. The floor that surrounds me is full or rejoice of my last living sister and her new found love. The poison it stains not that I knew, but mother was furious when Liza when missing.
I took her to bed, just like the others. This one is cleaner but also so cleaver, she should know better but for answers she searched; not so foolish my sister. In a second of an instance my secrets she knew, but I didn't told her, she learned by herself. Too sad she won't marry or carry another. I jump in by bed calming myself.

I breath in and out creating a sequence of number and words, but yet breathlessly nothing. I open my left eye, look up and down close it and followed over again by the other one. Just making sure the other does not lie. I move every finger one after the other tapping the mattress in which I lay. The rest of my body I let be still.

The love of a mother for three out four of her daughters gave me the strength to slay them all. I open both of my eyes smiling and planning. "I need some Rosemary."
I get out of bed breathing and panting the numbers of deaths, the words of un-love, leaving me breathlessly into nothing more than a jealous rage. I kneel in the end of the bed pulling and pulling the big heavy trunk. I open it slowly and search for the eyes of my three loving sister; pulling and cutting the left and the right. "Place them in order." I say to myself, laughing is something I can't really hold.
Box them and wrap them name them and close the chest once again. "I need some Rosemary." I remember myself. I go to the kitchen blood stained nails, finding Rosemary and headed upstairs. I move all my finger one after the other tapping against my mothers door, while patiently waiting.

Her tired looking face made me feel guilty, just for getting her up. "Oh Lauren is you." She simply quotes. "Yes mother is me, got you a present, it's lovely, it's sweet." She seems apprehensive but accepts it of course. Her eyes start to water when she read my three loving sisters names, but once she breaks the wrapping the odor propagates, "Here some Rosemary, I know you enjoy their smell." She takes it and sniffs it. Followed box after box se opens and screams. Not really getting why when terror in her eyes. I jump in my bed over again calming myself.

Now knowing what to do next. Pulling and pulling I open my trunk. Pulling and cutting all of my sisters eyes away. "Remember the Rosemary, Lauren."