Time

Time
by: Clara Cecilia Cordero

From time to time I listen to your voice on repeat for all the made up memories about long conversations to come back at me.
The power of words take me away to places I've never been before; and to feel sensations in a whole new level.
I'm in a time where words can make everything real or destroy what actually is. The actions behind your rhymes blossom into my mind like a beautiful lily in the middle of a swamp.
I look at you from a far, but I feel you from a farther one. My heart takes control over my mind and actions.
Behind the face you show every day it lays one of the simplest of hearts bond to one of the most complicated of mind.
The turns of the globe takes us miles apart. And even at our closest I feel you like a world apart.
My days go one by one and little by little I fall broken. My heart can't take this no more.
The trail of warm tears run down my face as I leave this place. Saying goodbye to what once was home.
The sound of your voice soothes my open wounds and battle scars that mark my skin. Years of pain over my covers; I open the curtains to let the light in.
Your trustful words calm my edges inside. Now tell me that you love me, tell me that you own me. Make me believe that you know every inch of myself. That you'll be willing to take me in.
Open your heart and extend your arms, the word that you combine make me believe in a once upon a time. The prince inside of you make me dream of great stories to come.
And to be honest, all I ever wanted is do you to hold me.
Like I'm a treasure. Gold, silver and gems, all to you the biggest pirate love.
Rum been and ocean salt. It's all on the map. The treasure island on the treasured log of a far away un-lady like dreamer of a princess.