Vessel of nothingness.

Vessels of nothingness.
by: Clara Cecilia Cordero

When tears try to escape with a song what could've been written for you, and the reality is that someone else went through the same you are.
When you gasp for words you wanted to express but weren't brave enough to say.
A ache on my chest makes me want to stop breathing for a moment.
When you feel all alone and misunderstood for feelings you never though you'd have cause you protect yourself from pain and as splash of cold water you realize you fail at it again.
When your nightmares become reality and you find yourself staring at the night darkness as cars pass by.
Finding yourself the victim of a crime that walks the earth.
When distances become real for once in your life and you feel lost. And the violator of your rules and laws sees no mistake on someone else's pain because he's happy.
It's too much for you to deal with so you build more walls for others not to destroy, but your past keep biting your skin and hiding the light.
You become a vessel of nothingness and everything's wrong.
You're forced to push away your emotions and commotions to put everyone else before you.
You built them for them to walk away, to a happier path, to a street of different emotions and warmer embraces.

The monsters come at night and comes around to leave you heavy weighed back against the sheets and stained tears on the pillow.
So you choose to avoid the room and succumb on the smoke of a dopamine change inside your bloodstream.
And you avoid the reflexion on the mirror cause for once you realize who you are in the reflexion of a stained person.
When the reality of yourself scares you even when you dress up, and you're left to walk a doll for everyone to see.
Forgotten and bitter and I wonder if he thinks of me now and then.
But I have to pick up the mess and pretend I'm okay, swipe the tears out of my canvas and continue painting inside my head.