Ch. 16 Resurrection

The waters stilled as he approached, recognizing him and rejoicing in his return.

They sensed why he came as they were same, for they were the Heart and the Heart was him.

The Five Rivers each had great power; they had the ability to destroy.

And the power to create.

Each river represented the a part of the cycle of death and rebirth,

Alone, each river cannot bring back the dead.

But together, they have the power to do so much more.

Waves crashed on the shore as they sensed their master’s desire.

The water started to thrash violently and the Heart became a storm of raging proportions, its power alone could have destroyed the entire Underworld if its master did not have firm control of it.

Water spouts flared up from the roaring waters as finally a sole figure could be seen standing above the thrashing waves, calmly lifting his arms as he chanted in a language older than Greece itself.

Golden light could be seen flaring up from the depth of the lake, brightening up the entire roof of the Underworld.  Eventually the blindingly bright light burst through the waves and split into four separate orbs of light.

Each of the lights started to form themselves into a shape that resembled a vaguely human shape.

But then the lights started to solidify.

Into people.

Very well-known people.

Suddenly, Luke Castellen, Bianca di Angelo, Silena Beauregard and Charles Beckendorf fell from the sky and two watery arms caught them gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing Silena Beauregard saw when she was shaken awake was Beckendorf. 

“Hey Charlie,” she muttered sleepily, barely registering his warm hand gently caressing her cheek.

Wait, warm?

The dead, even while in Elysium felt cold to the touch.

Her eyes started to tear up, it wasn’t possible was it?

As tears started to finally fall down her cheeks, Beckendorf kissed her tears, before gently holding her close, her relatively small body fitting perfect to his.

“You wouldn’t belie-,” Beckendorf was suddenly cut off as Silena crashed her lips on his, as she poured as much love and passion into the kiss.

When they finally broke apart breathlessly, Silena whispered “I love you,”

“I love you too,” Beckendorf for the first time felt comfortable with another living being instead of a machine.

They were interrupted by a slight cough and turned to see a very familiar person.

“Sup guys,” Percy Jackson said leaning against a doorway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke was nursing a red cheek after being slapped by Zoe or technically Runa now as they had been told to call her.  The rest were waiting for Percy or Raze as he also told them of his past decisions to speak, watching him closely, and noticing everything that was different about him.

Eventually Bianca spoke, her ADHD getting the best of her.

“First, I want to know why you brought me back or any of us for that matter. Not that we mind of course but why did you do it?”

Raze looked up at them thoughtfully.  “I needed more allies and I trust you guys.  Besides that,” Raze walked towards Bianca and Luke, “You two were harder to bring back to life because you both chose reincarnation, but it so happens you both were accidentally killed in your second life, Bianca in a house fire and Luke to a plane crash.  My mother Lethe managed to save your memories and implant them in your new bodies.”

Both Luke and Bianca were stunned but Silena was distracted by one thing.

“New bodies?” she asked, looking herself over but not noticing anything physically different.

“Hm? Oh yes, you are flesh and blood but similar to me, it is actually only energy manifested from my own being,” Raze explained

Everyone, including Runa stared at him blankly.

“I mean to say, like how Prometheus created man from clay, I created your own bodies,” he amended, “If you cut yourself now, you will see the difference,”

Raze tossed Luke a knife and Luke looked at it blankly.

“What?”

“Cut yourself,” Raze enunciated slowly.

As Luke slowly dragged the knife across his palm, the newly resurrected heroes watched disbelievingly as instead of mortal blood, liquid fire pooled out before healing itself.

 “Okay now that is settled, we need you guys to help us, you can walk away now and live a normal life.  Or you can help us and fight evil.”

Time seemed to slow down, each considered their options and weighed their odds.

Bianca was the first to step forward, “I will help you,” she said determinedly.

Beckendorf and Silena both stepped forwards, “As will we,”

Everyone turned to face Luke. He nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

“I get why you chose the others, they were heroes.  But me? I killed so many people.  I didn’t even deserve Elysium.” He said softly.

“Luke look at me,” Raze said softly, “You are forgiven, you made the greatest sacrifice and chose to save the world.  You are a hero,”

Luke looked at Beckendorf and Silena and they both smiled at him. He turned back to Percy, “Thank you,” he said softly.

Raze smirked, “Don’t thank me yet, you still have to convince some people of your change of heart.” He held out his hand, “Be my shield and sword and I will make sure you find redemption, become my champion,”

Hours seemed to pass until Luke took Raze’s hand and looked up at him with steady conviction.

“I will,”

A flash of light caused all but Raze and Luke to close their eyes, when they could finally see again, Luke was dressed in a new arsenal of weapons, his outfit looked very similar to Raze’s but without a hood and heavier black armor.

Luke was speechless, looking himself over, all he could do was feel exuberant in the power flowing through his veins.

Runa finally spoke up, “If you are done admiring yourself we are on a schedule,”

Luke looked up with determination, “What’s the plan my Lord?”

Raze grinned widely, “Now, we save the world,”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im so sorry for the long wait but I am now getting back into the swing of things.  I do know I have lost a lot of readers but that’s okay.  My fault but for everyone asking, this story is not abandoned or ever will be.  Also I want to dedicate this chapter to @Izzyyy2002 for being, well awesome:P

Catch ya on the flipside Pixels!!!

-PixelUp