Ch.8 Surprise Surprise

Disclaimer: I do not, I repeat, do not own Percy Jackson.

Percy’s POV

I could hear my heart beating as five figures stood in front of me. Zoe stood next to me and she held her head proudly even though her eyes betrayed her.

This would be the day we can finally enter the real world. We hadn’t been up there for five years. All our time was spent training and learning new skills.

I was dressed in formal Greek armor that reflected the current state of the Heart. Over my shoulders in a back scabbard were my twin swords, Alpha and Omega, crossed over each other.

They were dual wield blades, meaning I would hold one in each hand when fighting. The best defense is offense. Since I used no shield, I had to create a new fighting style for myself.

I had made a very unique fighting style, every attack would be a slash and I frequently spun in circles to confuse my opponent and to slash at them with both blades, one after the other. And I would never stop moving or take a step back. I learned to always deflect a strike, never stop it directly.

Alpha was a three foot long sword with the blade made of Imperial gold with a hilt made of silver that had designs crafted into it that resembled a flowing river. Omega was the exact opposite, it was the same length but the blade was made of silver, which was also a perfect monster slaying weapon, and the hilt was made of gold with the same gilded designs.

I was the perfect warrior, powerful, brave, and determined.

Deadly

Zoe wore her white cloak gifted to her by the Fates, which I once jokingly called it the designer clothing that were Fated for her.

She stabbed me with riptide.

It’s lucky I am immortal, because I had to reform at the Heart.

Speaking of riptide, it was in the form of a pure white pin that shown in the light. Her braided hair hung over her shoulder.

The five figures in front of us took a step forwards and I could see them easily. My mothers; Styx, Acheron, Lethe, Cocytus and Phlegethon.

Each of them had a serious and solemn expression except for Phlegethon who smiled widely.

I kneeled, after everything I have done, I would finally be able to test my skills in the real world.

Styx stepped forwards, “You have trained for five years, five long years to become the best you can possibly be,” she said her eyes shining with pride, “And you have achieved it,”

Acheron took a step forward while Styx stepped back in line, “You have become the epitome of a hero; strong, brave and resourceful. And yet, you are kind, loyal and merciful to ones that deserve it. I am proud of you Percy,” she said with a slight smile.

Finally, Lethe stepped out, looking as calm and collected as ever, as well as slightly confused. “With great honor, we… what were we talking about again?”

My mothers groaned as Zoe stifled a giggle.

“We are doing the formal ceremony where we release Percy to complete his duties,” explained Styx for what must have been the hundredth time.

“Oh…I forgot how it goes,”

Phlegethon bounded forwards, trying to help, “We bestow the ability to venture among mortals and carry out the wills of the Rivers. Rise Perseus of the Rivers, Primordial of the Heart, stand before us as equals and as our champion,” she finished. A faint glow spread from her arms and surrounded me. When the light faded, I knew it was my turn to induct a new ceremony.