Ch.14 A Gift

Percy’s POV

I opened my eyes and stretched my arms climbing out of bed.  I rubbed the sleep from eyes.

That’s when I noticed the room I slept in was different from the room I fell asleep in.

Jumping into a defensive position I scanned the room for threats.

What I saw did not make me relax at all.

I was in a large bedroom that should have been in old mansion.

Red drapes fell from the curtains casting dark shadows over.

Silk sheets covered the bed I was in, with red wood paneling covering the walls.

My hand slowly crept towards my swords on my back when I realized the lack of familiar weight on my back.

I was unarmed.

That’s when I noticed the double doors at the end of the room.

Warily, I walked to the doors and slowly opened them.

It led to a long empty hallway.

Stepping out, I made a quick decision and edged forward slowly, watching for danger constantly.

Surprisingly, nothing happened.

Soon enough, I had reached the end of the hallway and was thoroughly nervous.

Where was I?

Placing my hand to the door in front of me, I jumped back as where my hand was, darkness was spreading across the polished wood.

No, not darkness,

Space

Tiny stars twinkled on the wood as the inky blackness spread across the walls and ceiling, making me appear to be in the endless expanse of space.

I stared in wonder as a comet flew across the ceiling and watched as star collapsed in on itself creating a black hole.

Then the doors swung open and the darkness faded away.

The room was brightly lit from marble braziers holding Greek fire.

There were obsidian pillars holding a ceiling that mirrored the hallway I was just in.

I felt a force compel me to enter the room.

 It wasn’t menacing or nefarious; it reminded me of all my happy memories,

It reminded me of home.

Not Camp Halfblood,

The Heart of the Rivers where I lived, with Zoe and my mothers.

Soon I reached the center of the room and the energy faded.

That’s when I saw the shimmering throne in front of me.

A man wearing a black suit was sitting in a throne that seemed to be the universe folded into a physical point.

Galaxies seemed to be the common theme here.

For they were all over the throne, as they moved and shifted constantly like a living being.

“I see you find my palace interesting,”

My attention snapped back to the man as he spoke.

The man had pitch black hair, lightly tan skin. But what caught my attention the most were his eyes. 

They were pure white, shining like a miniature supernova.

“Who are you and why did you bring me here?” I asked.