Chapter 6: Elf encounter

“A true king exemplifies the extremes of both good and evil

That’s why his subjects adore him and follow him till death.”

                                          -Trasier, the Great lord of conquerors

           After Kanos ate the fish and drank some water, he went inside the pond to clean himself and his clothes. While he was cleaning, he felt something inside his right pocket. He put his hands inside the pocket and brought it out. It was a necklace for female. It was the special gift that he was going to give to someone special.

Tears dropped from his eyes, as he whimpered. It was a necklace that he was going to give to Feriel, his crush and a friend since grade 8.

‘I am never going to be able see her anymore, am I?’ thought Kanos, looking back to the memories. ‘I should have told her that I loved her. Why did I hesitate to speak the words? I should have been more confident. I guess I was not sure of what I felt that time.’ But past is past. Kanos had to let it go. He had to think of the present and the future in order to live on….

           “Hey, Kanos! What took you so long to wash?” Protector asked.

“Sorry. My clothes were really messy, so it took so long.” Kanos said as he sat in front of the fire.

“So, what’s your plan now?” Protector asked.

“Well, I really don’t want people to misunderstand my identity again, so I am not going to populated areas. Protector, are there intelligent species that I can stay with, aside from humans?”

“Well, there are dwarves, elves, orcs, dragons and some more, but I don’t really know that much. But I recommend you to not go to orcs since they are extremely hostile against humans, and also, I recommend you to stay away from dragons, especially the red ones. Most of the red dragons are very aggressive. Well, all of the dragons think of humans as filthy and tiny insects. They are the strongest creatures in Midra. They are also all masters of magic. All of them are nine ‘circles’ masters.” said Protector.

Kanos became very interested in dragons since Protector said that they are the strongest ones and are even nine ‘circles’ masters in magic. “I will go to the dragons.”

“Really, Kanos? Well, they don’t usually stay together though. Each one of them likes isolation, so they stay alone in their lairs quite often. If you really want to go to dragons, I recommend you to go to the gold dragons, since they are the wisest of all.” said Protector.

Kanos fell into deep thought, planning what his future action is going to be, until he heard something.

Shh..ssh….

Kanos heard sound which was like someone was sneaking up on him. “Hey! I heard you! Show yourself!” shouted Kanos. For a minute, or so, everything became silent until the ‘person’ came out.

“Human! How dare you come into the territory of elves! Are you one of the slave traders?!” shouted the ‘person’ in a male tone. The ‘person’ held a bow and an arrow pointing at Kanos’s face. Kanos noticed that the person had sharp ears and was abnormally tall but thin.

“Hey Kanos! That is an elf! Elves hate humans for their selfish actions. Just apologize and leave quietly!” said Protector.

“Ah… Excuse me sir. There must be a misunderstanding. I just got lost in the woods and found this pond to rest at. I am just lost, sir. If you don’t want me to be here, I will just leave.” said Kanos, lowering down Protector on the ground.

 The elf took away his arrow after he saw Kanos lowering down his weapon. “It seems that you are telling the truth. Keep in your mind that this area is the territory of elves. Go to the nearest human city from here. Just go the east and you will see it in a day,” said the elf.

“But I don’t want to be with humans anymore. They might have misunderstanding about me again.” said Kanos, remembering what happened to Bill and Zik. “Sir, do you know if any dragons live nearby this place?” continued Kanos.

“Dragons?! Are you really insane, human? Dragons will kill you instantly since you are a human.” replied the elf, but he saw that this human was really willing to meet a dragon. “I ask you, human. What’s your purpose of meeting a dragon? Are you trying to be a dragon slayer? If so, give it up, since humans can’t even make a scratch on its skin.”

“No, sir. I just want to seek for a home and live with a dragon. Humans won’t consider me as a human because of my power. I think dragons may accept me to reside with them once they see my power.”

The elf did not show any interest about Kanos’s power, since elves don’t take actions that are not considered to be necessary. Kanos even noticed that this elf wasn’t showing any interest on what his power is.

“Sir, could you please tell me if there is a dragon that lives close to this place?”

“……” The elf knew about a red dragon that lived 30 days far from this place. ‘I am wasting my time here. I will just tell him and be off on my way.’ thought the elf.

“Human! There is red dragon named Klastra that lives 30 days far from this place. You will have to go north for 30 days by running, and then you may meet the red dragon named Klastra.” said the elf.

“Thank you sir, for your kindness. I will never step into your territory again!” said Kanos, happy with the information.

Kanos picked up Protector and went straight to north, and he could know the direction since the sun was starting to rise. But there was one thing that Kanos didn’t know. He was heading into the vast Archma forest, the place where humans gave up trying to conquer because of the extreme amount of dangerous monsters in there. It’s known that one who enters that forest shall never be seen again….

Author: Alright! Now, they are heading inside the dangerous Archma forest! Preare for battle scenes! See the struggle of Kanos and Protector!