Chapter 5: A short relief

“One always need to rest every once

in a while, even the almighty gods….

                                                                -Tamorkus, messanger of Darian

Kanos and Protector were still walking towards east, and the sun was going to set any minute.

“Damn it! We are now lost! I am so hungry!” shouted Protector.

“Hey! You don’t even have a mouth! You are just a spear! And don’t be so pessimistic! I am sure we will find something sooner or later.” said Kanos, showing not that much of a hope. They have been walking towards the east for 2 days already, and have not encountered a single animal. Kanos thought that he is going to “starve” to death, but while he was thinking of that, he thought of a good idea.

“Hey Protector! When I throw you away, you can come back to my hands, right?”

“Yeah, but why?” Protector asked, looking suspiciously at Kanos.

“Okay, I am going to throw you to the sky, when you are up there, look around and and see if you can find anything special.”

“Wa..wait! Are you telling me that you are going to throw this majestic body just as a scout?! What a disgrace! I am not going to…..”

“Here we go!” Kanos threw Protector as high as he could.

“AAAHHHHH!!! KANOOOOOSSSS!” shouted Protector as he was going towards the sky. After a minute, Kanos started to think that he threw Protector too hard that it was taking so long. After waiting for 3 more minutes Kanos could see a blue spear coming towards him. “AAHHHHH!!! Kanos! I’m coming to you!!!” screamed Protector.

When Kanos saw that Protector was closing in, he jumped up high and caught Protector easily with one hand.

“So, anything?” asked Kanos.

“YOU ASSHOLE! I almost died! Don’t use me like that again! Don’t you know that I have a little bit of fear of heights?!” said Protector.

Kanos looked weirdly at Protector and thought again ‘That is one weird spear.’ “Anyway, did you see anything?”

“Yeah, there was a small pond just 150 meters in front of us.” said Protector.

Kanos immediately ran towards the direction since he was so hungry and thirsty. Later on, he really saw a small pond, which looked so clean. “Yeah! Finally, I can have a decent meal!” shouted Kanos, being overjoyed.

“Wait Kanos! There may be dangerous animals inside the pond.”

“So, what should we do?” Kanos asked.

“Leave this to me! Throw me into the pond and watch the show!” Kanos wondered what Protector was going to do, but he trusted Protector. Kanos threw Protector into the pond.

“Okay! Watch my power, Kanos! Self-enchant: electricity!” shouted Protector.

SPATZ! SPITZ!

A great amount of electricity came out of Protector and electrocuted every single animal inside the pond. 10-15 fish came up, dead.

“…..What the hell?! What was that, Protector?” asked Kanos, being so shocked by the scene of fish massacre..

“HAHAHA!!! That was my specialty, enchanting on myself! I can enchant any elements on my body as long as I wish!” Protector said proudly.

Kanos went inside the pond and picked up Protector. But while doing that, he saw his reflection. His hair and eyes were all blue. Despite the fact that his eyes and hair were actually black, he didn’t mind that at all since it was something not so significant to him. The pond was not so deep, that Kanos could stand and breathe. “Well, it seems that there were no dangerous animals inside.” said Kanos.

“What are you saying? Don’t you see all of the fish around you? They are poisonous!”

“Protector, I am totally immune to poison. My whole family is. They passed down this immunity to poison for years already.”

Protector was surprised to hear that but didn’t say anything else. ‘This guy is totally mysterious. Is he even a human?’ Protector thought.

Kanos picked up two of the dead fish and put them on the ground. Kanos was happy to see food, but there was a problem. He needed to make fire for cooking the fish. “Crap! I need fire! I don’t even know how to make fire by hand. Ah….!!! YES! Protector, can you enchant fire on yourself?”

 “Yeah, but why?”

 “I need to cook these fish, but I don’t have fire.” said Kanos.

“So, you are planning to use my glorious body just for fire?!  Ha…..Well, since you are my friend, I will help you this time.”

“Thanks Protector! You really are a majestic spear!” praised Kanos.

“KHAHAHA! Of course I am! Self-enchant: Fire!” said Protector, as fire covered the whole spear.

“Wait, isn’t the fire going to harm me?”

“Ha… You really are stupid… I told you several times that our souls are bound together! You will not get harmed! Just grab me!” shouted Protector.

Kanos held Protector, but he felt no pain at all. Kanos was surprised to see that it really did not do any harm on him. “Alright! Time to cook!”

Author's writing: Alright! For the next chapter, they are going to encounter an elf for a while! Be excited for the next one!