Chapter 2: Into the new world

“One who doesn’t mind one’s past

is as foolish as an orc.”

                                                                -Gail Trant, the 7 ‘circle’ master

After going into the blue vortex, he was summoned in the middle of a forest…with a blue spear…

”Hey!” said somebody in an angry tone. “Ugh…Just let me sleep for a bit more.” said Kanos, still half asleep. “Hey asshole! Wake up NOW!” Then Kanos, who was surprised by the shout, woke up instantly.

“Ah… my head…. Where am I? What happened? And who’s the one talking?” said Kanos while he looked around him. He saw that he was sitting down in the middle of a forest. He saw no one except a blue spear. “What the… What’s this? Who’s out there?!” shouted Kanos.

“Hey asshole, the one who talked to you is me, the blue spear in front of you!” shouted the spear. “Wh…what the… a talking spear? Am I still dreaming?” kanos said in a confused emotion.

“Hey, I’m an Ego-spear, and I don’t know why, but my soul is bound to your soul. I know everything that you know since our souls are bound. Your name is Kanos and you were taken here by the blue vortex, right?” said the spear. “Oh! I forgot to mention. My name is Protector the spear. As you can see, I am not a normal spear. I am a genius one! The smartest spear in the world! Kha! Kha! Kha! Anyway, since our souls are bound, you are able to wield me as your weapon. Well, even if you lose me, or misplace me, it’s alright since I am the smartest spear of all! I can fly back to you, and only to you, since our souls are bound. It means that you may use me to throw at your enemies, but if you miss, I can just come back to your hands. So, have you learnt about this majestic spear that you are looking at? Or did I talk too fast?”

 Silence remained between Kanos and Protector for a while…

******************************************************************

“So, the world that I am at right now is called Midra? Not Earth?” asked Kanos.

“Well, I guess you were in another dimension before, but this dimension is called Midra, one of the two dimensions where humans exist.” said Protector. Kanos was surprised to hear that there were humans in this mysterious world, but above all, Kanos started feeling hungry. “…Hey, I am hungry” said Kanos, feeling his hunger in his stomach.

“Me too!” said Protector, in a humorous way. Kanos looked at the spear, thinking ‘that’s one weird spear’.

“Well, we got to find some food.” “Use me as your weapon!” said Protector. “There may be some orcs or goblins lurking around.” Kanos was shocked to hear that such creatures really exist in this world called Midra, but he had to move in order to survive. “Let’s go then” said Kanos, while he grabbed Protector.

Kanos travelled the forest for the whole day, but he found nothing but big trees. He sat down on a rock nearby then fell into a pool of despair, thinking that he won’t be able to find anything or anyone. “Hey, don’t give your hopes up! If you search a bit more, you may be able to find some….. Wait a second. I hear something.” said Protector.

Kanos also heard something that was familiar to him, which were humans talking. But Kanos wondered, ‘Wait, if I am in another world, how did I just understand those talks?’ Despite that, Kanos made a decision to not think much about that since too many mysterious things had happened already. “Let’s go!” said Protector