Part 1

*Ariana's POV*

It's been two months since Sweetener came out and since that, a couple of things have happened which makes me feel very emotional and bad. The stuff with Pete, the death of Mac, and my usual anxiety. I wanted to give the album time to succeed but at the same time, I wanted to heal from music and be with my friends again.

So I talked with Scooter to make sure that I can work on this project. He said yeah, but he was surprised obviously.

I talked with Tommy and all of the producers who I worked with through the years but apparently, no one was free. I got anxious because I need this now. I asked every person who I have the number of if they know a producer who can work with me. And no one could tell me, anyone. At this point, I gave up, but I wanted to make some calls to my family, mostly Frankie because he's more in this industry than the others.

A couple of rings later he picked it up and cheerfully spoke up. "Hi, Ari. What's up?" "Hi Frankie, you are my only hope, so I hope you can help." "Is there something wrong?" He asked. "Well apparently none of the producers I know can work with me, and I asked everybody if they know someone but no. So my question is, do you know anyone? Literally anyone Frankie. I need someone." I said with sadness. "Actually I have a friend, she is really good. I can give you her number, but maybe she is very busy. She is talented and a lot of people want to work with her." "I love you, Frankie. Like so so much. Can you text me her number?" "Sure." "What's her name?" "Y/N. Maybe you know her." "Are you kidding me? She is awesome. How do you have her number?" I asked curiously. "Oh we met at an award show a couple of years ago and we're good friends now." "How come I never met her? I mean we do the same thing." "Well... I don't know. But I text you her number. I hope she is free." "Me too. Thank you, Frankie. I love you." "Love you too sis." Then we ended the call. A couple of minutes later he sent me her number and I called her immediately.

She picked it up a couple of seconds later. "Hello? Who's this?" She said in a husky voice. "Uh hi. I'm Ariana Grande. Frankie gave me your number." I said a little shyly. "Oh hi. Uhm can I help you with something?" She asked politely. "Actually I want to do my next album, and I would like you to be my producer? If you want to of course and you don't have any important things to do." I asked, hoping she would say yes. "Sure, that would be cool." "Oh my god? You don't know how much it means to me. I've been calling people for about an hour now and you're the only one who said yes." "Why? I thought you were nice. Should I say no?" She said. "Oh well, I thought I'm nice too." "I'm just kidding, calm down. Well, this is my number, text me when you want to start the work, and let's do this." "Okay, uhm I'm currently in New York, and we planning to stay here, think you could make it here, or should we-" "Oh I live there it's cool." "Really? Okay well, uhm I will text you soon then." "Okay, see you later." "Yeah, see you bye." "Bye Ariana." Then she broke the call. I started to jump around in happiness, then I realized I'm still on the street, so I speed walked to my car then went straight home.

I asked Victoria to come over and talk about the album and I was currently making dinner when she arrived. I walked to the door and opened it. "Hey, Vic what's up?" I asked while we hugged then let her in. "Hey, I'm good. What made you call me about work after 2 months that you dropped the album?" "I'm not feeling good. You know... mentally." "Oh dude what's wrong?" And then we talked for hours. Vic is a really good listener, she gives so good advice and she always tries her best to help.

"So I heard Tommy is busy and you had to find a new producer. Who is it?" She asked with a smile. "Do you know something Victoria?" "Maybe she called me if I work with you?" "You know her?" I asked. "Of course. Everybody knows her." "Well, I don't. Why did nobody introduce me to her? I feel hurt." "I don't know to be honest."

A couple of days later I texted Y/N the Infos and today is our first session. I'm excited to meet her since none of my friends made me meet her. I was the happiest person in this building probably, it felt so good to be back. I walked into our usual room and no one was there yet. I sat down in the middle of the room and closed my eyes. I tried to let the stress go and only pick up the good vibes.