Chapter 6

Thank you, for all the comments/reviews. I really appreciate the support for this story, I'm really enjoying writing it and have so many ideas. Anyway here's chapter six, I hope it doesn't disappoint and I hope you all enjoy it! Please comment/review I really appreciate the feedback :) Also I apologise for any mistakes, I think I got them all :) Enjoy

The warmth from the campfire should have been enough to lift Amelia's spirits after a day of walking in the cold. But after what felt like a mere moment the two were back on their feet, trekking through the deep snow once more.

It wasn't long before they ventured into the small town of Lexington. Its people seemed to scatter about, rushed on their feet. Mothers hurrying their children inside the home, fathers and sons quick to cover hay bales and leading livestock into the barns. Amelia walked silently alongside the Templar as they strolled through the town taking in their surroundings.

It had been hours since the two had spoken and she was glad for the silence. The Grandmaster hadn't even bothered to attempt conversation with her, perhaps from the fear of being struck or yelled at. Though Amelia highly doubted that; there was no chance the Templar would've been intimidated by her in the slightest. Still in a way it made to feel better to believe he was.

Moving further through the town Amelia looked around for a farmer or merchant of some sort. Amongst the two through very few words; they had decided it best to find horses instead. The journey to Boston would be safer and in Amelia's mind; a much quicker way to finally get away from the Grandmaster for good.

Not far ahead a Blacksmith tended to his horses, rushing to check their shoes before quickly ushering them into the barn. The Templar raised a hand to Amelia as they both stopped in their tracks.

"Would it be asking much of you to wait here, while I arrange the horses my dear?"

Amelia only offered a scoff in response as the Grandmaster stomped off in front to speak with the Blacksmith. She inched further forward to catch wind of the conversation, stepping even closer to hear the Blacksmith's answer.

"F'raid not Mister. Skies looking somethin' awful for tonight. Whole town is readying for a nasty snow storm."

At that moment Amelia marched straight for the Blacksmith and the Grandmaster, shamelessly placing herself in between the two as she spoke up.

"But we have to get back to Boston!"

"Maybe so Miss. But with the weather and all you'd be lucky to make it back in one piece, maybe you and your husband should find an inn for the night?"

His comment stopped Amelia cold. As she quickly stepped away from the Grandmaster.

"Oh he's not my-"

"Thank you for your time."

Amelia's blood boiled as the Templar cut her off shortly before walking away. With a frustrated huff she had no choice but to follow, her hands once again shaking from her bottled anger. And glancing towards him only seemed to anger her that much more, the obvious smirk present on his face as he strode towards the nearest Inn; centred in the middle of the small town. He'd clearly found the misunderstanding with the Blacksmith amusing and her patience was wearing thin.

Amelia sat by the fireplace staring into the flames of the fire, the rumbling murmur of the downstairs Tavern below the Inn seemed to fade away as her wondering thoughts took hold of her once again.

She was thrown back into reality as the door opened and closed behind the Grandmaster. Standing to face him, he stood silently by the door; hands placed behind his back like usual.