Chapter 10 - Sign

It was 7:15 P.M., after the incident, Luke woke with a bad stomach ache. Luke sat, and tried to find his phone. The doctor suddenly came in to check on how Luke's doing but Luke didn't notice the doctor and kept finding his phone.

"Is this what you're looking for?" The doctor asked; holding Luke's phone.

"Oh yes, where did you find it, doc?" 

"The student's saw your phone at the staircase and they handed it to me."

"Oh, thank you."

Luke was surprised when he saw nine text messages from Blake. Minutes had passed, Sheryn came to take Luke home. 

"What are you doing here?" Luke asked.

"I tried to contact you, and the doctor answered the phone; he said you're here at the infirmary."

"I see." 

After an hour Luke and Sheryn came home and had dinner together. While eating, Sheryn asked…

"What happened? Is it the same guy who did this to you?"

Luke nodded and said. "Yes."

"Seriously? Don't you really want to report him?"

Luke felt scared and couldn't speak a single word.

Hours have passed, Luke and Sheryn already slept until dawn.

The sun rises; Luke wore a mask before he left for school. After a while, Luke arrived at the campus, and saw Blake standing in front of his car, waiting for someone. Luke ignored Blake and continued walking. Suddenly, Blake called him and asked Luke.

"Did you get home safely yesterday?"

Luke tried to hide the bruises on his face with a mask and said. "Yeah."

Blake felt something was off about Luke and asked. "Hey, you alright? Did you catch a cold yesterday?"

"Uhh yes. I'm sorry, Blake, I need to go now."

Blake was suspicious about Luke and said. "Alright then, see you later."

Luke just left without saying goodbye. Luke arrived and entered his classroom. Luke was shocked when he saw a well wrapped cookie on his table. Luke sat down and saw a note beside the cookie saying "Get well soon." The note has no name written on it. Luke got curious about who gave him that cookie. 

Hours had passed, and the classes were over. Luke was walking in the hallway when Dylan suddenly kicked Luke's back. Luke fell on the floor, and his legs are getting weak. Dylan punches Luke's stomach and face, Luke's lying on the ground powerless and weak.

"I told you we're not done yet." Dylan said, grinning while he continuously hit Luke.

Luke was coughing; suddenly, Blake came and kicked Dylan's face. Blake grabbed Dylan by his collar and said…

"Don't you ever touch Luke again."

Dylan chuckles and Blake pushes Dylan away, and helps Luke to get up. 

"Luke, can you walk?"

"Yeah."

Blake helped Luke to walk, until they both got into Blake's car. Blake asked Luke if he wanted to go to the hospital, but Luke insisted, so Blake drove him home instead. 10 minutes had passed, and they arrived at Luke's home. Blake helped Luke to walk until they both got into his place. Sheryn wasn't home, so Blake treated Luke's wounds instead. Blake took an hour treating and accompanying Luke until Sheryn got home. Sheryn was shocked when she saw the bruises and wounds on Luke's body. 

"What happened?! Don't tell me your upperclassmen did this to you again."

Luke nodded and said. "Yes, Blake helped me, so I think I'm fine now."

"Seriously, let's report him to the police now."

Blake suddenly answered and said. "No, I already talked to him, so I think everything would be fine now."

Sheryn was suspicious when Blake suddenly insisted. "Okay then, come here and have dinner with me."

"Thank you, but I'll get going now."

Sheryn insisted and said. "No, you're staying here tonight. You're sleeping on Luke's bed later."

Luke was surprised and Blake immediately agreed to what Sheryn said. After an hour, Luke and Blake are laying on Luke's bed together and Luke suddenly talks and says…

"Thank you though."

"For what?"

"For helping me with Dylan."

Blake smiled and said. "It's nothing, forget it."

"Why are you always helping me?"

"I don't know, I just feel obligated every time I see you getting hurt."

"Hmm, Thank you again, Blake."